Samsung Galaxy S6 screen lock

A

AC Question

I've got my lock screen security set to Fingerprints, with lock automatically set to a 5 minute delay.

The problem I have is that during those 5 minutes all it takes for the screen to unlock is for the home or lock button to be pressed (often accidentally), there is no interim measure like a swipe. This means that the phone often unlocks itself and opens random apps.

Is there a setting that I'm missing?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Lock Screen>Secure Lock Settings, and turn on Lock Instantly with Power Key. That way, if you turn the screen off yourself with the Power button, you'll have to use your fingerprint to unlock it, even if it's been less than 5 minutes.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
That weird, because I have to swipe mine to get it to unlock before I have to use my fingerprint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

bc2611

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I don't want to have to use my fingerprint every time, that's why I've set the delay to five minutes!

What I want is a simple measure like a swipe to unlock during those five minutes, rather than unlocking with just a button press.

bc2611

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
That weird, because I have to swipe mine to get it to unlock before I have to use my fingerprint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Do you know if there is a setting on your phone for that?

If not, do you think it could be due to different regions and carriers? I'm in the UK on the EE network.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670