Hey guys, so last minute I backed out of buying a nexus 5x and decided to get an s6 on craigslist (32gb wasn't enough for me and i ended up getting 128gb for roughly the same price).

I am on the Verizon network and really hate carrier branding so wanted to see if anyone knows a reputable seller or website that can get me an oem or like oem back in platinum gold without any carrier branding. Checked out a youtube video and it looks easy enough to swap out the back cover with a heat gun and some guitar picks.
    10-22-2015 02:44 PM
    Hey guys, so last minute I backed out of buying a nexus 5x and decided to get an s6 on craigslist (32gb wasn't enough for me and i ended up getting 128gb for roughly the same price).

I am on the Verizon network and really hate carrier branding so wanted to see if anyone knows a reputable seller or website that can get me an oem or like oem back in platinum gold without any carrier branding. Checked out a youtube video and it looks easy enough to swap out the back cover with a heat gun and some guitar picks.
    Please don't do it. Judging from your comment I suppose you have an OCD like me. And want to get rid of the branding just to get that clean look forever.

Don't do it!

These glued backs never get glued perfectly back together despite what videos suggest.

I tried it with my Sony xperia z3. And it happened to me the same as I'm seeing it could happen to you. I watched the video. And it seemed pretty easy. And it was. Until two or three days when there started to emerge gaps at the back. The glue just wouldn't stick. Whatever I did. I tried so many things but nothing worked.

Plus you can't ever achieve the neatness with which it is done in the factory.

I ended up selling my phone. I regret it every single day.

Unless you get it done by Samsung them self, please don't do it. It's not as easy as it sounds.

Control your OCD it's not such a big deal man. The S6 in gold would still look amazing with the branding on!

Posted via the Android Central App
    engineeryajeeb and emad1995 like this.
    10-23-2015 01:59 AM
    Please don't do it. Judging from your comment I suppose you have an OCD like me. And want to get rid of the branding just to get that clean look forever.

Don't do it!

These glued backs never get glued perfectly back together despite what videos suggest.

I tried it with my Sony xperia z3. And it happened to me the same as I'm seeing it could happen to you. I watched the video. And it seemed pretty easy. And it was. Until two or three days when there started to emerge gaps at the back. The glue just wouldn't stick. Whatever I did. I tried so many things but nothing worked.

Plus you can't ever achieve the neatness with which it is done in the factory.

I ended up selling my phone. I regret it every single day.

Unless you get it done by Samsung them self, please don't do it. It's not as easy as it sounds.

Control your OCD it's not such a big deal man. The S6 in gold would still look amazing with the branding on!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Agreed. Even if you did get it extremely close my luck would be I would drop it and shatter it right after I get it on there. I keep mine in a survivor or other tough case so I never see the back of my phone or any branding lol
    10-23-2015 06:18 AM
    An old saying in life. If it is not broken don't fix it.Leave it alone.
    10-23-2015 06:26 AM
    If you care that much about your phone, and depend on it, it boggles the mind why anyone wouldn't keep it in a Defender or similar case. Granted, then you can't see the nifty color much - but you have many more color choices (which you can change anytime), you won't see the branding, and it vastly decreases the chances of drop damage.
    10-23-2015 06:26 AM
    And people are going to wonder when you sell it if it is true ly a verizon phone or not. Can't you buy international phones and put them on t mobile? That may be your best long term if branding really true ly bothers you that much.
    10-23-2015 06:28 AM