Just can't grasp the volume control settings

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
My old S2 had the same volume controls - up-and-down rocker on the left side - as my new S6.

On the S2 the rocker raised or lowered the volume on any noise coming out of the phone - music, ringtone, speakerphone, whatever.

It seems the s6 defaults to controlling ringtone volume only. After reading up on it here, I downloaded Rocker Locker to make it default to media instead.

I just discovered by waking my sweetie up that "Media" doesn't include, say, ringtones as you're assigning them to contacts. I started editing the contact, chose the ringtone I wanted, and it started blaring. Volume control had no effect.

What I truly want is for the volume control to do what the S2 one did: control the volume on any noise of any kind at all spewing out of the phone. Is that possible, either in Settings or with an add-on?

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
the volume keys DO control any sound coming out of your phone.
so if the music player is running then it will control the media volume
it defaults to controlling the ringer volume when there is nothing else playing

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
lucianus, sorry so long getting back to you.

That wasn't the case the night I was assigning ringtones. When I selected a ringtone, it blared out and the rocker had no effect.

Since I haven't had that task to do since then, it hasn't been a problem. But it sure was that night!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12