Came from iPhone. This phone is a bit slow, and inconsistent. For example, Hangouts, no push notifications? Is that a Google issue, or Android?

Battery is terrible, tends to run hot, and apps crash. Very frustrating!
    10-25-2015 08:22 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Hangouts should have push notifications as long as you have an internet connection. When did you get the S6?
    10-25-2015 08:55 PM
    The battery is not great, but I don't experience any of these other problems. I'm sure this is fixable.
    10-25-2015 09:08 PM
    Came from iPhone. This phone is a bit slow, and inconsistent. For example, Hangouts, no push notifications? Is that a Google issue, or Android?

Android involves tweaking, if you're not up for it, send it back and get an iPhone.

dreaming of electric sheep
    20blks likes this.
    10-26-2015 01:08 AM
    Android involves tweaking, if you're not up for it, send it back and get an iPhone.

dreaming of electric sheep
    ^What this person said. Love to this person!

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-26-2015 06:11 AM
    Why must you tweak it?
    10-26-2015 06:46 AM
    Why must you tweak it?
    To get the overall best experience and maximize the enjoyment. This forum has tons upon tons of threads and posts as to how to best maximize your S6. Haven't seen any Android forum yet that didn't have good suggestions for any number of devices. They all get adjusted and tweaked to make a better user experience. Or just use touch wiz and keep it spec'd to factory fresh and do nothing, user's choice and personal preference for sure.
    chezm likes this.
    10-26-2015 11:20 AM
    Or just use touch wiz and keep it spec'd to factory fresh and do nothing, user's choice and personal preference for sure

^Again. Beautifully said.

10-26-2015 11:39 AM
    Why must you tweak it?
    That's the difference between closed OS (iPhone) vs open (Android). You can't have the best of both worlds, so you gotta pick your battles. The tweaking is a means of making the experience of the users unique, whereas iPhone are generally similar give or take a few options. User needs to chose what best works for them.

sulla1965 likes this.
    10-26-2015 11:47 AM

Cant speak to the battery issues but If your having issues with push notifications look at your internet provider and device.
    For example on my Note 4 I have push notification issues (hangouts, gmail, yahoo mail) when my device is on WiFi with Time Warner Cable.
    It works fine at work and WiFi which uses Logix. BUT every now and then at work i still get a delayed notification.
    When WiFi is OFF and im on T-Mobile everything comes in on time.
    Now with my HTC One M9 and Nexus 6 i get all notifications on time.
    So my device and internet provider dont play well, WiFi and Time Warner Cable.
    Do some testing with your device and see when you get them on time vs when they come in late. Maybe you will see a pattern like I did.
    10-26-2015 02:39 PM
    I get push notifications, the Hangout app does not indicate how many IMs I have. Works fine on the iPhone. The notifications for Android are not consistent.
    10-26-2015 02:47 PM