Anyone else notice this when downloading an image?

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
When downloading an image either through my browser (Chrome) or an app, I click the notification which says "image has been downloaded". Every single time I do this, I get asked which app to use (I also have Google Photos installed and a File Manager). Despite selecting "Always" use this app, I always get asked.

Plus, when I select the stock Gallery app, the image comes up but I cannot share it from there, but at top right is a drop-down menu where I can set it as my Wallpaper. I have to go back to my Home screen, click Gallery, back out of the image to the main Gallery page, locate the image in the relevant folder (i.e. Downloads), open it, and then I get the full array of options at the bottom (Favorite, Share, Edit, Delete).

Is this a bug, Android design flaw, or something screwy in my settings?

Vexomg

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem. fixed it by going into the settings and adding the image/file handler app for default use that fixed it for me.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Setting>device>application>default applications and assign what you would like to use for default.

If that doesn't work, try clearing all defaults saved, wipe system cache via recovery, then reassign as you are prompt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21