Listening to Podcast, OK Google Messing with Volume. What is going on?

TheBylin

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Listening to Podcast, OK Google Messing with Volume

so here's a weird thing.

I was listening to the giantbombcast using the pocketcasts app, and I about 15 minutes in the volume automatically goes down. I turn it back up, and it goes down again, automatically... right away. As soon as I push the volume bar to the right, it swings back to the left. Then, "Ok Google" pops up. It says "say Ok Google" or tap mic". The volume then goes up, then down, then up, then down uncontrollably. Then it stops, and I'm just looking at the Ok Google screen. When I press back to go to the pocketcasts, all of this happens again after 30 seconds. I don't know what is going on here.

Tiny Burton

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: Listening to Podcast, OK Google Messing with Volume

Sounds like a conflict... I'd disable 'OK Google'

Posted via the Android Central App

TheBylin

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site

so I turned off my phone and turned it back on.

when I turned it on the volume went up and down automatically for several minutes, then opened up the screen that asks whether I want to use the S Voice app or the Google App.

I'm pretty sure this is happening when I put my headphones in the headphone jack, which is pretty ****ty.

I deleted the S Voice App and Google App, I don't mind because I would never use those apps, but it hasn't solved the problem. The volume still goes up and down and then opens up some other app with a sound wave at the bottom of the screen and a then a pop up list of things I can do like "call ___" or "message ___".

I've started listening to something with my headphones in, and it's been a couple minutes and nothing bad has happened. but I have a feeling the problem isn't over.

If it happens again I'll probably reset to factory settings.

Tiny Burton

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site

Sounds very odd... to the Samsung shop with you my friend... let us know what they say!

Posted via the Android Central App