Severe lag on phone after deleting a theme

Owen Kim

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
So every time I delete an installed theme on the device it goes through an extreme lag session. I check the cpu and see that it does some heavy load for a while like several hours. I have to restart the phone to have it operate normally, but I dont know why that happens all the time every time I delete or erase a theme. It was like this from the start since I bought the phone and I hope I'm no the only one experiencing this because I can't find any data on Google too. Please advise anyone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tiny Burton

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Why are you un-installing themes? I'd just leave them in your collection. They're not going to do any harm there nor take up much room...

cajun456

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the S6 Active and it has lag after changing themes also. Occasionally, just changing the wallpaper on a theme other than the default causes lag. I normally reboot after changing the theme or wallpaper and it helps with the lag.

Owen Kim

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Why are you un-installing themes? I'd just leave them in your collection. They're not going to do any harm there nor take up much room...

It's just my thing, I don't like having too many impractical things stored

Owen Kim

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the S6 Active and it has lag after changing themes also. Occasionally, just changing the wallpaper on a theme other than the default causes lag. I normally reboot after changing the theme or wallpaper and it helps with the lag.

That's weird. But for me, it's not about changing to another theme (As it works perfectly fine), but it's about deleting a theme. I just don't understand it, its nothing like deleting a useless photo or an app but it causes severe load session

cajun456

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
That's weird. But for me, it's not about changing to another theme (As it works perfectly fine), but it's about deleting a theme. I just don't understand it, its nothing like deleting a useless photo or an app but it causes severe load session

I just deleted a theme to see what it does and the phone kind of freaked for about 30 seconds. There was quite a bit of lag, I couldn't use the recent button (it kept going back to the home screen) or go to the app draw, and I noticed quite a bit of data activity.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
After reading this thread I decided to try and delete a theme and see what happens. Holy cow this thing is super leggy now. I am typing and nothing shows up for 2 seconds 😂pressing the recent apps take about 3 seconds to actually do anything and when I click on the phone dialer it takes a couple seconds to operate... This is an interesting discovery. Time for a restart lol

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
i have just tried this and after deleting a theme yes there was a bit of lag for about 15-20 seconds but that was it.
checking the cpu usage it was the system ui doing some background stuff

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac