Poor Cell Signal

Bamafan501

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I recently switched from an LG G3 to the Galaxy S6. I have poor cell signal in the area I live in but with the LG G3 was able to make and receive calls with no problem. With the S6 I have 1 bar barely and often don't receive calls. When I am talking with someone I can hear the other person clearly but they say they can not hear me clearly. Anyone experience anything like this?

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Where do you live? In the city or in a rural area? Also, who is your cell carrier? I'm with AT&T, and I've consistently had good cell signal for voice and data all over Washington State, as well as the West Coast states.

Bamafan501

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I live in a semi rural area where I have always had somewhat poor signal with Verizon. But my point is essentially it was tolerable on my LG G3 and it is not on the S6. I would think your cell signal would not be related to the phone but in this case it seems to be.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Handsets are half the equation when it comes to wireless. If you have a device with poor antenna placement, parts, design, build what ever it can limit your wireless experience. Same goes for an awesome device in an area where towers are limited or the carrier has a weak overall footprint.
iPhone 6s/6splus TMO band 12 are examples of this. People are complaining about poor B12 reception and speeds.

LSXGMC

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
The S6 does not perform well in areas with a weak signal. In fact, outside of LTE areas it is a very sub-par device. Hopefully you are within whatever return period your carrier has set as their policy and can get into a different phone. I was not so lucky, my S6 with less than 2 months of use now sits on a shelf collecting dust in favor of my much more reliable S4.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I honestly haven't noticed a difference between when I had my s4 vs my s6. I live in a very rural area and I get about the same with either. Both on AT&T.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would check the -dBm signal versus the actual "bars". Each phone can calculate bars differently.