I got a new phone and set fingerprint password. It didn't really work so I got rid of it and just used a PIN. Now that I got my scanner fixed I want to use it again but it needs the backup password which I don't have. I tried scanning my finger and it didn't work. It will not let me scan again and is asking for the backup password for it to be able to open. I am not locked out of my phone rather I just need the backup password to change some settings. I would like to know if there is a way to reset the backup password without resetting my phone and keep in mind I am not locked out and still have full access just not the backup password? Thanks. I have tried android device manager also the samsung one and cannot seem to find it. I do not want to reset my phone and am rooted. Any help appreciated.
    11-11-2015 12:57 AM
    Hi, try taking it to a Samsung store, see if they can assist as I think the only option you have is to reset the device

Posted via the Android Central App
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-11-2015 01:26 AM
    If you still can unlock using your fingerprint then try go to "Settings" ... 》 "Lock screen and security" .... 》"Fingerprints" (under the "Security" menu and not the "Lock screen" menu) ... 》"Change backup password" ... 》 follow the instructions on the subsequent screens and then you're done ...

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-21-2015 07:32 PM