Things you hate about Galaxy S6?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Things i hate? Reception and battery life.

Reception is great! Until it decides to drop calls, even in great service areas. Battery life is weak. I knew this going into it but like another poster said, it's inconsistent. One day it will last 16 hours and the next day, I'm lucky to get 12....it's disturbing when nothing has changed.

And I'm tired of hearing about how fast it charges as it somehow makes up for Samsungs lack of battery optimizations. For some it's not a big deal, but for others it's a killer as they can't be near an outlet 100 percent of the time. Yeah, it charges fast on quick charge but that doesn't help the guy working where no electricity is present for 12+ hours and the phone decides to be stupid and drain like a sack full of pus.

Posted via the Android Central App

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Forgot to mention, also hate the camera hump...I have to use the clear case (official) just so the back is flush. I'm OK with it naked, it's slippery but manageable. ..but the camera hump just isn't something I can't work with.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Things i hate? Reception and battery life.

Reception is great! Until it decides to drop calls, even in great service areas. Battery life is weak. I knew this going into it but like another poster said, it's inconsistent. One day it will last 16 hours and the next day, I'm lucky to get 12....it's disturbing when nothing has changed.

And I'm tired of hearing about how fast it charges as it somehow makes up for Samsungs lack of battery optimizations. For some it's not a big deal, but for others it's a killer as they can't be near an outlet 100 percent of the time. Yeah, it charges fast on quick charge but that doesn't help the guy working where no electricity is present for 12+ hours and the phone decides to be stupid and drain like a sack full of pus.

I experience the some what unconsistent battery life on my s6. More so since the 5.1.1 update. The days I have higher battery drains, Google services and gpsd is always higher than normal.

I think anyone that has a job or life style that is gonna keep them away from electrical plugs for 12+ hours a day do good research before buying a phone. There are always portable chargers and such.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I experience the some what unconsistent battery life on my s6. More so since the 5.1.1 update. The days I have higher battery drains, Google services and gpsd is always higher than normal.

I think anyone that has a job or life style that is gonna keep them away from electrical plugs for 12+ hours a day do good research before buying a phone. There are always portable chargers and such.

Exactly!

But man, shouldn't have to use a battery pack this day and age! Lol!

dskwerl

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I'll parrot the battery life as well, although I recently got quick chargers for my cars to alleviate that, and it has helped.

But my bigger issue is how after a while, everything gets super sluggish. Which doesn't even make sense, because it runs so fast and smooth the rest of the time. I have to reboot on pretty much a daily basis to get back to normal performance. I've factory reset my phone, and it still does it.

PinkPuckeredLips

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I must be the odd duck out because I hate almost everything about this phone!
Battery life sucks, Signal sucks, Bluetooth connectivity sucks, Selecting text is just as terrible if not worse than the Apple functionality, My emoticons are no longer animated in some of my apps, Many 3rd party apps can only use the default notifications, I can't set a different notification sound for different apps, The icon on the screen does not indicate that you have any messages on most apps, The phone plays the ringtones and notification sounds on the phone when the Bluetooth is connected. That kind of defeats of using such a device as to not disturb others. I can't apply private mode to sent and received pics. I could go on...but will spare you.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I hate that stupid banner that pops up every time I connect to Bluetooth. Why does it do that? My M9 never did that. I also hate how Samsung buggered up the meta data when connecting to my car via Bluetooth. Music streams fine but now track info is not displayed on my display in my car. My M9 running the same version of the software, 5.1.1, displayed the info just fine. Lack of SD card support is also the reason I did not buy this phone when it first came out and I opted for the M9. After rocking the M9 for 6 months, while I did like it very much, I found myself wanting to try the S6.

The camera on this phone is amazing! Glad I switched as the M9 camera was horrible. All in all, the S6 really is a great phone.

FeinP1118

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I bought a Mophie juice pack case for mine, love the way it looks and it ensures I don't run out of battery during the day. Highly recommend. I have had no issues with my Edge since I got it.

Najnesoog

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I can't think of much I don't like except perhaps the fingerprint sensor quick is not as fast as the apple version.

ntheodora95

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Battery life's decent for me, enough to last all day. But it wouldn't hurt to make it last longer though. I also hate the reception! Most of the times it's fine but it seems like the reception sucks big time when I need it the most.. Also can't get why they would make the camera poking out. However I can live with it now since I started using a clear case that makes the camera doesn't stick out anymore. Oh and for people who might be in search for a decent clear case, I'm currently in love with Ringke Fusion's clear case--it's a great bumper case without making the phone bulky.hope this might help someone out.

Overall, I love this phone! I just wish the reception was better.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm curious to find out if a lot of these issues that are being vented, are related to samsung as an entity, or maybe a bad batch of the phones themselves. I've had the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge + for about 2 weeks now, and I haven't noticed ANY of the issues mentioned above. Not the battery drain or life issues. Not the sluggish and having to restart daily issue. Not the poor reception issue (which seems weird in comparison to a few others, because I live in a super rural area). Not the messaging app issues, or emoji issues either.
With that said, I DO however, have a couple of things that I'd like to touch on:
1. The actual "edges" of the screen cam sometimes give the illusion that the image displayed is a little twisted or skewed.
2. Carrier bloatware (ugh)
3. The fact that we may be waiting toll February to get android m.
Other than these things, this phone is the best I've owned so far. I don't know how much this will mean to anyone but if it's any consolation, I've owned 16 different android phones and numerous other types of Android devices over the past 4 years. My first was the Samsung Dart from t-mobile. I also go to school for mobile application development at full sail University.
Well, there's my opinion. I'd like to see more :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995