S6 Newbie - Help please

Sheldor101

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Hey folks, new here so apologise if this topic has been posted before.

I just got an S6 today and it seems to be draining its' battery fairly quickly, do you guys have any advice on how to prolong it to better levels? I'm coming from an old S4 mini, thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Batteries will take some time to settle down...the OS too. I would give it a few days and see what happens.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hey man! Congrats on your new phone. I've had this phone for three months and I'm very very happy with it. I think it's still the best one out there. Anyways, battery life and reception quality has been the two biggest issues with this phone. I hope you're getting good reception.

As far as the battery is concerned, I can only share with you what I've done to make it better. You can try and see.

All I've done is, turn off location based cards on Google now. Plus the location history. You can do that under Google settings.

For me, battery life with WiFi isn't an issue at all. It's plenty sufficient for me. It's when I go out and LTE kicks in, the battery starts draining FAST! So what I do is, that whenever I go out, I turn off location. I've observed that location services on this phone takes A LOT of battery. Turning it off improves it drastically. For me at least.

So basically, mess around with location services and check if it improves or not.

In addition, I've switched to AMOLED Cinema from Adaptive Colors in the display color options in settings.

I don't use Adaptive brightness either. I think these two take a bit of battery too.

That's basically all I do.

I would call myself a medium to heavy user and I can get 4 hours of SOT easily. That's plenty for me considering the lack of optimisation in this phone and the small battery size.

There's no getting around the fact that this phone doesn't provide the best battery life. But because it's not an issue for me, it's been the best experience I've had with a phone since a very long time.

Oh and you can mess with the smart manager settings too. Optimise the apps and stuff. You'll know when you see it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084