Very Confused! Samsung S6 (Non edge) Or IPhone 6?

Yahia Elsayed

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Hello AndroidCenteral,
I am a new member that just registered. I am likely to get an android phone so wanted to get involved in a few forums. I am a recent iphone user with an iphone 4S (Yes till now!). I have finally decided to make the upgrade. I have listed the Nexus 5X, S6, Iphone 6 and Note 4. I have eliminated 5X and Note 4 leaving me with the Iphone 6 and S6. I have made a week worth of research, and found the pros and cons of each. I'm so tempted to get the s6 due to iphone is just always overhyped when it is a simple phone for those non techy. The only issues with S6 is that im worried about battery and ram. Many people sAy its an issue but im not sure. I have always known that samsung phones lag but please correct me if im wrong.
Please help me out!
Im in Canada if you didnt know
Thanks

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
No problems with ram. Battery life is really hard to tell you what to expect. Some people get great battery life, some gets pretty avg, then some had mediocre battery life.

I personally get 3.5 hrs SOT on a 15 hour charge. I could get it to do better but I've gotten to where I keep VoLTE and location on 24/7.

Give All Things GS6 a glance and you can see what can be done to get the most out of your battery.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello AndroidCenteral,
I am a new member that just registered. I am likely to get an android phone so wanted to get involved in a few forums. I am a recent iphone user with an iphone 4S (Yes till now!). I have finally decided to make the upgrade. I have listed the Nexus 5X, S6, Iphone 6 and Note 4. I have eliminated 5X and Note 4 leaving me with the Iphone 6 and S6. I have made a week worth of research, and found the pros and cons of each. I'm so tempted to get the s6 due to iphone is just always overhyped when it is a simple phone for those non techy. The only issues with S6 is that im worried about battery and ram. Many people sAy its an issue but im not sure. I have always known that samsung phones lag but please correct me if im wrong.
Please help me out!
Im in Canada if you didnt know
Thanks

Though the Samsung S6 is just one example, I sense that your base question comes down to choosing between Android and IOS. I get asked this a lot, since my friends and co-workers know I've been a techie for 50 years. If you want a phone that pretty much just works, and don't mind that you can't completely customize it, then you should probably stick with an iPhone. If you are a techie, and can tolerate some instability in exchange for the ability to highly customize it, then Android is for you. I ask folks "if your computer goes belly-up, do you jump right into diagnosing and fixing it, or do you look for someone to fix it for you". If the former, then you may find Android suitable, but if the latter then iPhone might be your best bet. Not an absolute - I know techies who go with iPhone simply to have something that just works, or because that's what their family rocks.

If you have decided that Android is the way to go, you might consider waiting for the S7. Latest word is that it might be announced in January, and shipped in February. If so, might be worth waiting for.

Yahia Elsayed

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Thank you BOTH for the reply. So basically, I'm a pretty techy guy. I speciliaze in PC and i Jailbroke all of my iphones to make them better. If i get a samsung s6, im not willing the risk to root or anything. Dumpedduce has confirmed the battery life with me and ram issues. Only problem i have left is, The samsung galaxy s6. Does it lag ? Like when you look up videos of samsung s6 lag theres a lot with suvire lag. All im wanting is a phone that ill spent the first week on optimizing it and researching any issues then later, i shouldnt have any issues. And if i do run into issues they are small ones that wont cause me to restore. The IPhone 6 is very smooth in multitasking and all of that but i really like the look and feautres of s6.

Im also open to other android phones like the nexus 5X that ive looked at etc

Thanks

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
My S6 is fantastic. I also have an iPhone 6 and it is fine but boring. Being a techy type I would think Android would be the better choice over iOS any day. Battery life is subjective to the user obviously. Mine gets me thru the day 99% of the time. The RAM issue isn't noticeable on my S6. Not sure if it's there, but for my needs I can't notice it so it's a non issue even if it is there.
Does your provider have some type of return policy within a certain time frame? If so, maybe that is your out if you need to return it for whatever reason. I understand iOS is great for the masses, but damn is it ever a boring phone. My 6+ sits on the side lines and my S6 does everything I need on a daily basis. I'd never get another iPhone. To bland, can't change anything. Android , so customizable, install a new launcher and it's like a whole different phone. iOS, is same ol, same ol every day. Good luck with your decision.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
My phone has virtually never lagged. It's been smooth as butter since I got it back two weeks after launch. I've only factory wiped it twice. First time because I restored via Google from my S4 and ended up wanting to start with a clean slate. Second time was when going from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1.

If you look up videos for a problem of any device, of course all you are gonna find is videos of lagging devices. Most of the time, the issue is caused by a Rogue app or some kind of system file being corrupted.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Although my S6 has never lagged. I think the phone to get right now is the Nexus 6p. You'll get the stability like IOS and the customizability of android.

I love my S6. And I did tinker up my settings a bit to get the best out of it. But if NO LAG is what you're looking for, I'm pretty sure you'll find it in the S6. It's just how the human mind works.

So to get completely satisfied, for you, I think the 6p would be the best option.

If size is an issue then I'll say, people get used to it pretty soon. If you don't think you can get used to it then yes, you can go for the S6. It's a great phone. Never lagged for me. Battery is great too, gets me through the day easily.

But I'd suggest you get the 6p. And if you do, get it in frost white :p haha.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yahia Elsayed

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Thank you everyone! I don't think I can go with a 6P. It's way too big for my needs. But I realized the 5X came out a few weeks ago. What do you guys think about it? It's still nexus so I'm assuming it's stable? I agree, iPhone is very boring with almost nothing to customize, not even widgets... Now that you guys have confirmed the battery is good and there is no lag. Let me know your thoughts about the 5X and how it stands up to the S6. Keep in mind I can still reconsider a IPhone 6 if you have anything extra to input.
Thank you!

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I'd still ask you to go to a store and hold the nexus 6p. If it still seems too big for you then alright, don't get it.

Also, hold the 5x too. I went from the iPhone 5s to the nexus 5. That was the first time I switched from apple to something else. And although it was the smoothest most stable experience ever, it felt like something was missing. It was the built quality which I was so used to with apple products that the nexus 5 just felt off. So I ended up switching to an HTC one M8. Which turned out to be the best decision ever.

Trust me on this, if you're coming from apple you'd want to get something high quality or else sooner or later you'd want to go back. This was the only reason why I wanted you to get the nexus 6p.

So now, if not the 6p, the galaxy s6 would do! It's an amazing phone all around. Only the battery life is average, the rest is amazing. The gold color especially is so unique. And also, consider the edge model too as it is still in my books the sexiest phone in the whole world.

That's all I have to say. Good luck with your purchase :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams