Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 key strokes randomly not registering, why?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 key strokes randomly not registering

I am on my 3rd replacement phone now because of this issue and just figured out why it is happening. everytime i get a replacement and update it from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1 is starts missing key strokes.. My current replacement i purposely didnt update and it works absolutely perfectly. I have tested 4 phones now and all of them have the same exact issue. I believe the reason most people dont realize it is because of word prediction. most of the time Word Prediction will put the correct word in even tho it misses keystroke. My brother has an s6 and he didnt even realize it till i had him test it like i tested mine. I did notice it tho and got really annoyed by it and started returning phones until i realized that they all had the same issue.. Worked perfectly on 5.0.2, but as soon as i updated to 5.1.1 they started missing keystrokes.

This is how i tested and proofed to Verizon that my phone was not working right:
disable "word prediction" in the samsung keyboard settings.
in the texting app type the first row of keys and press enter repeatedly so it looks like this:
qwertyuiop
qwertyuiop
qwertyuiop
qwertyuiop

repeat about 10 to 20 times. If your phone has the same issues as all my replacements you should see missed keys 2 to 5 times in your repeated words

Example:
qwertyuiop
qwetyuiop (missed the r)
qwertyuiop
qwertuiop (missed the y)
qwertyuiop
qwertyuiop
wertyuip (missed the q and o)
qwertyuiop

Cant wait to see what everyone comes up with! Lets get this to samsung asap for a fix!

samsung Galaxy 5.1.1 random key strokes not registering

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 5.1.1 key strokes randomly not registering

Welcome to Android Central! Does that happen with 3rd party keyboards as well, or just with the Samsung keyboard?

natewipf

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I have tested samsung, google and Swiftkey. all with the same issue. It is not even really a keyboard issue. It is a touchscreen issue as it randomly misses touches on the home screen and in any app too. The keyboard is just a way to test it.

natewipf

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I does.. I have been on the phone with verizon tech for hours trying every possible solution. Included resetting the phone. nothing works.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

I'd rather not waste the limited battery capacity.

Milly G

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site

I'm about to go into Telstra today to get this phone replaced I have had noting but issues

natewipf

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site

Do you have this specific issue?
are you on 5.1.1?
can you do the test and post your results?

JORENO

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
My phone used type excellent, now it is not very responsive. Not even 30 day's old.

Posted via the Android Central App

JORENO

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site

Yes the phone definitely has issues! Myself and others have the same problem. Do a search under phone screen sensitivity in the forum.

Posted via the Android Central App

Asjadarif

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
I am experiencing this on my note 5 after upgrading to 6.0.1 before that everything was perfect its exactly the same prob you mentioned......so is it like a firmware issue which will be resolved with a patch later on or should i get my device replaced?

Asjadarif

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
I am on my 3rd replacement phone now because of this issue and just figured out why it is happening. everytime i get a replacement and update it from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1 is starts missing key strokes.. My current replacement i purposely didnt update and it works absolutely perfectly. I have tested 4 phones now and all of them have the same exact issue. I believe the reason most people dont realize it is because of word prediction. most of the time Word Prediction will put the correct word in even tho it misses keystroke. My brother has an s6 and he didnt even realize it till i had him test it like i tested mine. I did notice it tho and got really annoyed by it and started returning phones until i realized that they all had the same issue.. Worked perfectly on 5.0.2, but as soon as i updated to 5.1.1 they started missing keystrokes.

This is how i tested and proofed to Verizon that my phone was not working right:
disable "word prediction" in the samsung keyboard settings.
in the texting app type the first row of keys and press enter repeatedly so it looks like this:
qwertyuiop
qwertyuiop
qwertyuiop
qwertyuiop

repeat about 10 to 20 times. If your phone has the same issues as all my replacements you should see missed keys 2 to 5 times in your repeated words

Example:
qwertyuiop
qwetyuiop (missed the r)
qwertyuiop
qwertuiop (missed the y)
qwertyuiop
qwertyuiop
wertyuip (missed the q and o)
qwertyuiop

Cant wait to see what everyone comes up with! Lets get this to samsung asap for a fix!

samsung Galaxy 5.1.1 random key strokes not registering

I am experiencing the same problem on my note 5 after updating to 6.0.1 should i get my device replaced or will it be fixed with a patch?