Please help, flip cover don't turn on screen when opened. Why?

Basem Refay

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Please help, flip cover don't turn on screen when opened

Hi my galaxy s6 screen don't turn on after opening the flip wallet cover . It was working well until I opened it and close several times .then stuck. The flip cover it self working well on another S6 and I reset mine and the problem persist

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Please help, flip cover don't turn on screen when opened

Welcome to Android Central! Is it an official Samsung case, or a 3rd party case? Do you typically fold the cover back behind the phone? If so, and if the case isn't well made, the embedded magnet might be too strong, thereby triggering the smartcover sensor even when it's folded behind the phone..

Basem Refay

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
It's an official Samsung case, and yes while working on the phone I usually folding it back , but the cover working well on another S6 of my friend , and it was in mine and I remember last time was working is when i close it and open many times

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you lay the phone flat on a table, then open the cover (and don't fold it back behind the phone)?

Also, is there a Settings>Accessory menu? If so, look for an S-View Cover setting there, and make sure Automatic Unlock is checked on.

Gary Lawson

Dec 25, 2018
Visit site
What happens if you lay the phone flat on a table, then open the cover (and don't fold it back behind the phone)?

Also, is there a Settings>Accessory menu? If so, look for an S-View Cover setting there, and make sure Automatic Unlock is checked on.

Not a thing! And no s view setting.
I just want the screen to turn on and off when open and closed. Thx

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You're responding to a 3 year old thread, so it's not entirely clear if you have the exact same situation as the OP, or if there are any differences (e.g., which phone, which case, is the case an authentic Samsung case, etc.). Let us know more details.

SereneJ

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You're responding to a 3 year old thread, so it's not entirely clear if you have the exact same situation as the OP, or if there are any differences (e.g., which phone, which case, is the case an authentic Samsung case, etc.). Let us know more details.

I have an s9 plus and was just upgraded to pie... now my screen isn't turning on when I open my flip cover either.