Hi all,

i had rooted my galaxy s6 using "Ping pong root "(somewhere in July this year) as it claimed that it will not void the guarantee somehow. I wanted to update my android version from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1 (3 weeks back)but Automatic Updates suggested i need to go with smart switch to update it.

I tried with Smart switch 3-4 times and somehow it got stuck and said error while updating and perform emergency backup thing(i don't remember the exact error message since my phone is not with me) which i did but unfortunately all in vein. Since i was in this delusion that my phone is still in guarantee so i sent my phone to service centre.

Today i received email (After 2 weeks)from there side that software is unauthorized and they don't cover it in guarantee and if still i want to repair/recover it then i have to pay €230. i have already declined this offer and will receive my bricked phone back on Monday or Tuesday.

Of course i should not believe on all what i read on internet but i feel cheated by Ping Pong root.

Any ways please suggest me how can i recover my phone ? If some details are missing from my side then please let me know, i will try to respond as soon as possible.

Thank You.
    11-21-2015 06:51 AM
    There are a few things that need to be cleared up.

-Always understand that rooting and altering your phone in any way comes with the chance of a bricked device.

-Read and fully understand everything that is required.

-Ask any and all questions before rooting or flashing anything to your device.

-You are solely responsible for any damage that may occur to your phone.

Now some things to understand about rooting the Samsung GS6 and all newer Samsung devices. Samsung has taken their Knox security technology a step further. The Knox counter is used to keep track of any unofficial firmware and such as been installed. By tripping this, you will void your warranty. The Knox counter can not be reset to 0x0 from 0x1 like earlier firmware. (Pre Android 4.3)

However, rooting on 5.0.2 is possible without tripping Knox counter. Ping Pong Root utility is one of the possible ways. Your Knox counter shouldn't have been tripped by it. Now sending a unit in that is rooted with unapproved binary and system status.

Now for the best news, you can easily recover your phone back to stock. Check out my thread All Things GS6 and find the section regarding "Stock Reflash Using Odin". Following this guide will unbrick your device.

Any questions, please ask if you aren't sure of something.
    11-21-2015 09:58 AM