FB messenger Standard Data Charges warning, why do I get this?

bluephoenix20

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
FB messenger Standard Data Charges warning

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6. Everytime I use FB messenger video call, I get a warning that says:
"Calls are free over Wi-Fi. Standard charges may apply for calls over a mobile network."
and there are 3 options:
1) Use Data
2) Use Data and don't warn me next time
3) Cancel

Even when I am connected to Wi-Fi, the same message still displays. When I hit Cancel, my call gets dropped. I can only use the feature if I click Use Data.
This has never happened before and I wonder if I accidentally changed some settings (unknowingly) or it's just problems with my service provider. Some tips and advice will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

Pows Powsee

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: FB messenger Standard Data Charges warning

Try this go to settings: apps: messenger app clear cache, clear data and force stop then open the messenger app again
then skip everthing then thats it.

chiefcrazypants

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
I cleared the data and cache, and it did work, but only temporarily. Does this mean I have to keep on doing that every few days? or is there a more permanent solution? I can't even receive calls without having to "okay" that stupid warning. Thank you

Nathan Timms

Apr 16, 2017
Visit site
Re: FB messenger Standard Data Charges warning

I tried it and it works, I had standard charges data on Facebook messenger for a short while but I followed the instructions you put up and I can't believe that it actually works, thanks so much for your help man, now I got free WiFi calls on Facebook messenger, thanks man.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781