Hi All,

I've had my Galaxy s6 for about a week now and I've been very satisfied with my phone. One weird thing I've noticed...Instagram seems to be using a ton of my battery life. I'll usually get around 16 hours or so on my battery, which I'm definitely satisfied with, but when I check my battery stats at the end of the day, Instagram will have used over 15%+ of my battery life. I have tried closing the app every time I switch out of it. I've tried Force Stopping the app, but it seems to continue to drain the battery in the background.

Could this be a glitch with the battery stats? Or is Instagram really using that much battery life? It's by far my largest consumer of battery and I hardly use the app..it's a bit frustrating. I don't want to uninstall it. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if there's a fix.

Thanks!

UPDATE: I'm not sure if downloading an app to close my other apps will help. I have been vigilant about keeping Instagram closed and it still seems to be using up my battery. The problem is that it seems to be using battery (assuming my battery stats are correct) even when I don't have it open. That's where I'm lost.
    11-23-2015 01:25 PM
    There's a fix called greenify it close apps if you're not using it in standby etc but it requires root
    You can still use Greenify to close apps even without root.

dreaming of electric sheep
    11-23-2015 04:14 PM
    Most all social media apps are battery hogs. You can use greenify without Root to close non system processes. You can also try Doze which keeps apps from connecting to data while your phone is in sleep mode.
    11-23-2015 06:01 PM
    I noticed it was hogging my battery too. I switched to their web app via shortcut and it solved my problem. Works just as well as the full app. You do miss out on notifications if that's important to you.
    11-23-2015 11:29 PM