12-07-2015 03:00 PM
31 12
tools
    question for anyone who has used both. Do you have to open an app to use either? I was under the impression that one you just unlock your phone and hold it up. The other requires you to bring it up first then pay?
    You can actually use samsung pay without unlocking your phone. Just swipe up from the black screen
    stump24 likes this.
    12-04-2015 06:17 PM
    I still sit here waiting for the day android pay or Samsung pay come to Canada..

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-04-2015 07:31 PM
    You are correct. Android Pay doesn't nee to be active to pay as long as your phone is unlocked and NFC is active (and the setting to make Android Pay the default option in Tap To Pay in your NFC Settings for your phone).

Samsung Pay does 'open' the app to pay, but you can enable the Tap to Pay option for that as well (it'll just bring up the Samsung Pay app first and ask for your PIN/Fingerprint). With Samsung Pay you can enable the option to have a quick access from your lockscreen (or homescreen or on top of apps, but I don't like those) and then you just swipe up from the bottom of the screen, select the card you want to pay with, and authenticate.

The one thing I don't like about Android Pay is that you can only select one default card (obviously) and that's what it'll use to pay all the time. I like having the ability to choose which of my cards to use when I pay, and to change that, you need to set a different default card first and then pay. With Samsung Pay you select your card while paying. Just like that implementation better.
    12-07-2015 11:51 AM
    I still sit here waiting for the day android pay or Samsung pay come to Canada..

Posted via the Android Central App
    According to Samsung, their service will start rolling out internationally in Q1 2016. Wouldn't be surprised if Canada is in the initial list.
    chezm likes this.
    12-07-2015 11:51 AM
    According to Samsung, their service will start rolling out internationally in Q1 2016. Wouldn't be surprised if Canada is in the initial list.
    Great news! With my luck they will affiliate with all banks but mine lol...im with one of the bigger guys so i am hoping its launched. I cant wait to use it, Apple Pay is starting to take off here slowly, kinda jealous and cant wait for the day i dont need to carry all my cards anymore.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    12-07-2015 01:43 PM
    It is really cool, and what's even better is to see how people react when you pay with your phone while they're eager to tell you 'we don't take Apple Pay yet'. And even better when an iUser asks you if they can do that with their phones

You can see if your bank is associated with any of the banks currently supported by Samsung Pay. If they are, then chances are you will be able to use yours as soon as it launches in Canada. For instance, Amex is almost a given. In Mexico, for example, Banamex is part of the Citi Group, so chances are that bank will be on board as soon as it launches there.
    chezm likes this.
    12-07-2015 03:00 PM
31 12