Android Pay!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
More secure than using your actual card, since it uses tokenization and virtual cards. That means that the actual card information the vendor is getting is only good for that transaction alone. Even if their databases get hacked and they get your info, they can't do anything with it because it's no longer valid for new transactions.

Only problem with Android Pay is that you MAY have issues getting certain card offers if the bank's system isn't optimized (transactions show up as ANDROID PAY followed by the vendor you used it in, so some banks have issues automatically recognizing a purchase in some vendors because of the Android Pay prefix, but it's not so common and you can simply call them to make an offer valid).

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
SpookDroid done a good job explaining how secure it is.

20Blks,

Unfortunately for a lot of people tho, Samsung Pay doesn't support their banks.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
SpookDroid done a good job explaining how secure it is.

20Blks,

Unfortunately for a lot of people tho, Samsung Pay doesn't support their banks.

More banks will be supported soon and chase was just added a a few days ago. That's pretty big (for me) lol

Posted via the Android Central App

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah I'm aware more banks will be added in time. I just know it's been a turn off for a lot of people only 2 banks were supported at launch.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I like Samsung Pay better because of the compatibility thing with magnetic stripe readers. AND if you do have access to it, better run and take advantage of their new promo: $100 in their store to spend in December just for activating Samsung Pay before the end of the month.

With this, I'd even ask a friend for a card if yours isn't compatible. It's 100 bucks!!!!

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I like Samsung Pay better because of the compatibility thing with magnetic stripe readers. AND if you do have access to it, better run and take advantage of their new promo: $100 in their store to spend in December just for activating Samsung Pay before the end of the month.

With this, I'd even ask a friend for a card if yours isn't compatible. It's 100 bucks!!!!
I've already redeemed the free wireless charger promo. Just received it beginning of this week.

Everyone else, take advantage of the offer.

reggc6

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I've been using android pay for about 2 month. It works great with no issues. The way I have my pay set up is through google generated credit card number. Google makes sure it's secure! No worries!

mhtsang

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
So far so good, I have no problem using Android pay at all. Although I have Samsung pay which I try to use unfortunately, the stores I went to (Duane Reade, Staples) only accept Android pay. It seem to me Android pay is more widely accepted than Samsung. Love it!

mhtsang

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I have been able to use Android pay no problem but wasn't able to find anywhere that accept Samsung pay. Can you tell me a few known place that I accept Samsung pay? Any pharmacy, supermarket or franchise convenient store at least?

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I have been able to use Android pay no problem but wasn't able to find anywhere that accept Samsung pay. Can you tell me a few known place that I accept Samsung pay? Any pharmacy, supermarket or franchise convenient store at least?

Samsung pay is accepted any where that you can swipe a credit card. Android pay is NOT more accepted than android pay.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Pay is accepted everywhere that your linked card will work. The terminal doesn't have to be NFC enabled. Hold up the back of your device to the magnetic strip reader on the terminal. If someone says they don't accept it, they don't know anything about Samsung Pay.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Definitely frustrated that my bank is not (yet) supported, but my other debit card is, so I have to move money around if I want to use Android Pay. Almost easier to just pull my card out, since I use a wallet case.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
haha what? nope... it does have more support from banks but Samsung is more accepted because it works with any magnetic stripe reader. For that matter, if a vendor takes Android Pay, it takes Samsung Pay (NFC payments). They are probably lying to you if they say they don't support Samsung Pay, as from their side, they shouldn't have to do anything. It literally is just like swiping your credit card.

So far so good, I have no problem using Android pay at all. Although I have Samsung pay which I try to use unfortunately, the stores I went to (Duane Reade, Staples) only accept Android pay. It seem to me Android pay is more widely accepted than Samsung. Love it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze