Battery usage outdoors with mobile data is terrible. I can't believe I get drops each time I turn the screen on even just for a second.

Every time I go out with this phone I always have to worry about the battery level.

Something has to be done about this phone either from Sprint or Samsung, as this battery drain issue is getting worse.

PS.
    The settings of this phone, I prefer to keep it the way it is out of the box.
    I don't think I have that many apps and I disable notification and sync for apps I rarely use.
    11-27-2015 10:42 AM
    You don't mention how long you've had it, but the link below has tips for brand new, right out of the box setup. A factory reset is required, The bigger problem unfortunately may be Sprint itself. I have used them in the past and the same phone on a different provider can be fine while the same on Sprint has terrible issues. Read the thread, at least the first "setup" post and try the tweaks. Can't hurt and can only help. Good Luck!
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post4704442
    11-27-2015 12:17 PM
    You don't mention how long you've had it, but the link below has tips for brand new, right out of the box setup. A factory reset is required, The bigger problem unfortunately may be Sprint itself. I have used them in the past and the same phone on a different provider can be fine while the same on Sprint has terrible issues. Read the thread, at least the first "setup" post and try the tweaks. Can't hurt and can only help. Good Luck!
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post4704442
    Had it since April, have done a factory reset a couple times. I don't like the idea that phone settings have to be adjusted to save battery life. I like android and Galaxy, and am a first time sprint user, but battery optimization is imminent

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-27-2015 12:55 PM
    Had it since April, have done a factory reset a couple times. I don't like the idea that phone settings have to be adjusted to save battery life. I like android and Galaxy, and am a first time sprint user, but battery optimization is imminent

OK, so you've had it for 7 months or so and have always had the issue, only starting a thread about it now? Or has it gotten progressively worse over time? If you started out with Sprint and the S6 at the same time I might also suspect Sprint as partially to blame. Just recalling my experience with them. In any case if you take it into a Sprint store their best shot would be to factory reset it. You've tried that so at this point going to them is probably useless. Best you can do is try the tweaks in the link. Here's a thought, Why not try a different launcher other than touchwiz? You've got nothing to lose and you can easily go back to TW in seconds if you don't like it. I have heard some have had or thought they had battery issues and heating and blaming TW. Worth a shot. being stuck with a phone that's problematical and no option to replace it is frustrating. Theres always Samsung service dept. But they generally keep it two weeks and send back the same device unfixed saying it has no problem. But YMMV. I'd do the tweaks, then if needed try another launcher. Maybe you'll find one you like better than TW.
    EDIT: I did the tweaks before I set anything up, took all of a few minutes or so. I go all day on my very smooth running S6. Also, a suggestion, try rebooting each morning. helps a lot and i know tons of people say you shouldn't have to, but, I do it, have no lagginess, great battery and an awesome S6. Good Luck!
    11-27-2015 01:10 PM

Hey Owen, if you use wifi, turn it off before leaving the house as leaving it on kills the battery. This is not only a problem for Sprint, but with other carriers S6's as well. Other carrier owners YMMV.

But I agree. I've been with Sprint for 13+ years and rarely have any kind of problem, but the S6 is a different beast. The wifi issue is the #1 culprit for bad battery life. And here recently, coming from work to home on a 4 mile stretch on Hwy 441, I'll drop a call exactly 4 times with the S6. YES, 4 TIMES!! Every time, Even though I have full LTE. But what's funny is that my iPhone 6s keeps the call and doesn't drop once through that area, same with my wife's HTC E8.....so I know it's not Sprint. It's the phone.
    kimdushinski likes this.
    11-27-2015 04:44 PM
    Keep in mind, most all phones come with everything enabled. Even things that you probably have never used. If you don't want to optimize your battery life with a few setting change, then I wouldn't hold your breath on better battery life.

I would at least suggest you to disable Google location services, it's a battery eating service. Use your quick toggles, wifi, locarion, and etc when you need/don't need something.
    Saros likes this.
    11-28-2015 07:47 AM