Why isn't my phone going to the main page when I unlock it (Galaxy S6)?

A

AC Question

Unlocking phone not going to main page Galaxy s6

On my old phone when I unlocked the phone it would go to my main page now it opens the phone dial pad not sure how to change that

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Unlocking phone not going to main page Galaxy s6

I don't have an S6, but with Lollipop lock screens in general, they have a camera icon on the bottom right and a phone icon on the bottom left, with a padlock icon in the middle. If you don't swipe up from near the centre line you will activate the shortcut to these other areas.

I am left-handed so I always tended to open the Camera by mistake.

No way around it on near stock devices like my Motorola at least.

You just need to adapt your swipe gesture.

If it's something else please register and someone can help further.

MaxKittens

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site

press and hold on an empty space on one of the home screen pages. Scroll to the home screen page that you want to set as default page and press the house icon at the top of the screen, below that delete icon. That page is now set as the default home screen.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

press and hold on an empty space on one of the home screen pages. Scroll to the home screen page that you want to set as default page and press the house icon at the top of the screen, below that delete icon. That page is now set as the default home screen.
The question was about the dial pad opening, but thanks again. You have surpassed 10 posts now so you're good.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I don't have an S6, but with Lollipop lock screens in general, they have a camera icon on the bottom right and a phone icon on the bottom left, with a padlock icon in the middle. If you don't swipe up from near the centre line you will activate the shortcut to these other areas.

I am left-handed so I always tended to open the Camera by mistake.

No way around it on near stock devices like my Motorola at least.

You just need to adapt your swipe gesture.

If it's something else please register and someone can help further.
+1 for this post.

Welcome and hope you join and stick around. A lot of great people here always willing to help.

fooferdoggie

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site

It seems a bug I have it happen off and on. I was using nova launcher and it happened every time I hit the home button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs