12-07-2015 09:17 AM
226 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Weird how even the instructions on their own website don't work. Would that be problem if you can't get them back?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    09-08-2015 04:30 PM
    Weird how even the instructions on their own website don't work. Would that be problem if you can't get them back?

what does it say on their website? try on your device you wont find the uninstall option..if the case is accidental disabling and somehow you do get to the point od restore then there are files already there....but in case of reset when there is no file of backup prior to the date then there is no way of restoring the conversations....and its okay it's no use to cry over split milk ..i needed some chats i saved related to my work...now i am trying if i can decrypt backup on system so i can get anything at all ...
    its all because of this update that i had to come to this last resort of hard reset....
    09-08-2015 04:44 PM
    Well it'll be no use if I do it since I'll have the backup stored on my phone from the app already. So you can only disable the app you can't uninstall the app? because I have the option to uninstall.

09-08-2015 04:50 PM
    I'll post the link of the instructions once I get home. To see if they can help. Or you if you want just Google search "transferring whatsapp chats from one Android phone to another"

09-08-2015 04:54 PM
    I'll post the link of the instructions once I get home. To see if they can help. Or you if you want just Google search "transferring whatsapp chats from one Android phone to another"

okay
    09-08-2015 05:01 PM
    Well it'll be no use if I do it since I'll have the backup stored on my phone from the app already. So you can only disable the app you can't uninstall the app? because I have the option to uninstall.

My guess is that WhatsApp was part of the bloat ware from his carrier meaning only having the option to disable not uninstall. Forgive me for butting in. I've been reading the conversation xd
    Sergio Armenta likes this.
    09-08-2015 05:13 PM
    My guess is that WhatsApp was part of the bloat ware from his carrier meaning only having the option to disable not uninstall. Forgive me for butting it. I've been reading the conversation xd
    Haha is no problem. That's what I figured it would be. I know my phone came with Facebook, messenger, and Instagram pre-installed. I'm glad at least that problem of apps backup will finally be solved with Android M

09-08-2015 05:17 PM
    Haha is no problem. That's what I figured it would be. I know my phone came with Facebook, messenger, and Instagram pre-installed. I'm glad at least that problem of apps backup will finally be solved with Android M

I know the frustration so well of losing everything on apps with factory resets. Australia takes forever to release updates and as such I downloaded the Indian version of 5.1.1 when it was released. Which ironically enough has WhatsApp as preinstalled. Now today I downloaded the Australian version of 5.1.1 so I'm about to factory reset all over again. It sucks losing everything in your apps. I live on the app carbon and every time I factory reset I lose every account that I have muted. It's annoying. I wasn't aware that android M was going to fix this though
    09-08-2015 05:33 PM
    I know the frustration so well of losing everything on apps with factory resets. Australia takes forever to release updates and as such I downloaded the Indian version of 5.1.1 when it was released. Which ironically enough has WhatsApp as preinstalled. Now today I downloaded the Australian version of 5.1.1 so I'm about to factory reset all over again. It sucks losing everything in your apps. I live on the app carbon and every time I factory reset I lose every account that I have muted. It's annoying. I wasn't aware that android M was going to fix this though
    Yeah Android M finally completed the list of things or at least most of the major issues I had with Android that I missed about iOS.

Here is the link from the Android developer site on the automatic backup in M

https://developer.android.com/preview/backup/index.html

09-08-2015 06:25 PM
    My guess is that WhatsApp was part of the bloat ware from his carrier meaning only having the option to disable not uninstall. Forgive me for butting in. I've been reading the conversation xd
    you are welcome to share ...yes whatsapp is a part of bloatware atleast mine is
    09-09-2015 08:55 AM
    Yeah Android M finally completed the list of things or at least most of the major issues I had with Android that I missed about iOS.

Here is the link from the Android developer site on the automatic backup in M

https://developer.android.com/preview/backup/index.html

hard reset was of no use.it was last thing to do which we did.and stand still where we started but with loss of data.

09-09-2015 08:58 AM
    I've always wondered about that, if you have problems and back up all your data and settings then do a factory wipe etc. then restore all the data and settings won't you just be putting the problem back on your fresh phone , assuming it was a duff app and settings ?
    09-09-2015 05:54 PM
    I've always wondered about that, if you have problems and back up all your data and settings then do a factory wipe etc. then restore all the data and settings won't you just be putting the problem back on your fresh phone , assuming it was a duff app and settings ?
    That's possible, though not likely. Chances are pretty good that by loading a fresh OS you will refresh some system file which had become corrupt, though if apps contributed to that then the issue that led you to reload might recur eventually.
    09-09-2015 06:49 PM
    in my opinion the biggest problem with android is having the update forced on you wether you want it or not. I have had it happen multiple times where my phone was working perfect then an update comes along and suddenly its crap. a factory reset doesn't always fix it ether. for people like me that use there phone in a business setting its highly annoying . its my phone I should have the option to turn off updates same as with my computer. my note 4 on Verizon was as close to perfect as any phone ive ever owned great signal, great battery life,very stable . now not so much.
    09-10-2015 07:24 AM
    Quite good! Is your s6 a new one?

Sent from tapatalk
    _An Android guy :-)
    09-17-2015 10:08 AM
    Those are not real world results. The S6 also gets over 10 hours of SOT in battery benchmarks.
    Battery Life and Charge Time - The Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge Review

I had the Droid Turbo before my S6 and I would get about 4 hours of SOT with it, same as my S6.
    09-17-2015 10:29 PM
    Is there a difference in screen and battery components? Like many others my SOT average is 3hrs and change. I have my phone skinned down quite a bit with 180+ apps disabled via Package Disabler, VoLTE/Wifi Calling disabled, and Nova. I put an average load on there with minimal Facebook, Instagram, and outlook usage. I also do 20-25mins worth of low spec games daily. Many of my friends are getting 4-5hrs SOT without any bloatware disabled. Some of them are heavy gamers and still get much better battery life.

The only variable I can think of is a difference in make/lot of hardware components. Are some components simply more energy efficient?

T-Mobile - Latest 5.1.1 Update - Strong cell signal in my area.
    09-18-2015 12:19 AM
    Is there a difference in screen and battery components? Like many others my SOT average is 3hrs and change. I have my phone skinned down quite a bit with 180+ apps disabled via Package Disabler, VoLTE/Wifi Calling disabled, and Nova. I put an average load on there with minimal Facebook, Instagram, and outlook usage. I also do 20-25mins worth of low spec games daily. Many of my friends are getting 4-5hrs SOT without any bloatware disabled. Some of them are heavy gamers and still get much better battery life.

The only variable I can think of is a difference in make/lot of hardware components. Are some components simply more energy efficient?

T-Mobile - Latest 5.1.1 Update - Strong cell signal in my area.
    Same with me.Only have 3 - 3.5 hrs SOT Max per day. Almost all bloatwares i can think off has been disabled.
    Some users can have 4-5 hrs of SOT due to relatively low brightness levels. So i think having a very dark screen and dark wallpapers/icon does have a huge impact.
    09-18-2015 04:32 AM
    I have:

- Upgraded to 5.1.1, baseband version ending with COH2.
    - Used TW with a completely black background.
    - Set location, Bluetooth, screen rotation off.
    - Disabled as much bloatware as I dared to.
    - Turned off any sync which I didn't think I needed.
    - Installed Doze (exceptions: clock and apps with push notifications).
    - Used black/white foreground/background where possible (allows fonts to be read with reduced screen brightness).
    - Set camera HDR setting off (I can use the camera a fair bit sometimes).
    - Installed a minimal number of widgets on the home screens.
    - Set haptic feedback on (I can't do without this).

I think the above did extend my battery life a little, but the most dramatic change came when I changed screen settings from the default Adaptive to Basic, then put the screen brightness down real low to around 10-15%. I'm not really happy about this because one of the reasons I bought the S6 was for the great screen - and now I'm one step shy of straining my eyes to see what's on the screen. But heck, its better than having the battery dying on me halfway through the day. Occasionally, I do crank up the brightness just temporarily just to read something, especially when outdoors.

I should be considered a light user (no games, no music, no videos, occasional light surfing) and now get SOT of around 2+ hours. I charge my phone once a day, at night, that's when the battery level is usually at around 10-15%. After its fully charged, I plug it out, switch to Ultra Power Saving mode, to then go sleep.... and only switch back to normal usage mode when I wake up in the morning.

For my phone, battery drop doesn't seem linear. It drops real fast between 100-80% - maybe that's the time when I wake up and read a bit of news, check currency exchange rates, speed read through Facebook, etc. From 80-45%, the rate of drop slows down. Below 45%, battery drop accelerates again.

Mine's a G920FD S6 duos.
    09-18-2015 11:38 PM

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    09-20-2015 01:23 AM
    50% battery left with almost 3 hours SOT.
    mainly browsing, facebook and social media, few youtube video and streaming from website for 10 minutes. screen brightness on half on automatic.

Tested again with few minutes gaming and video streaming. 3H20 SOT with 32% battery left.
    Don't know why everyone complaining battery seems fine to me. in addition i have wireless charging and quick charging. I still love this phone whatever people say and also had it for almost 4 months and still fast. I came from longterm Iphone use and sold my iphone 6 for this phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S6 Battery Life Thread-screenshot_2015-09-21-11-28-20.jpg   Galaxy S6 Battery Life Thread-screenshot_2015-09-21-11-28-15.jpg   Galaxy S6 Battery Life Thread-screenshot_2015-09-21-11-28-40.jpg  
    09-21-2015 07:02 PM
    For me (I have a Note3) "real-world" testing results would be with LOC (the GPS service) set to (constant) ON, Bluetooth set to (constant) ON, and the screen brightness set to auto.
    Anything short of _that_ is missing the point.
    09-23-2015 01:44 PM
    Galaxy S6 Battery Life Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1443490195234.jpg
    No problems here either.
    Happy with the battery life.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    09-28-2015 08:30 PM
    50% battery left with almost 3 hours SOT.
    mainly browsing, facebook and social media, few youtube video and streaming from website for 10 minutes. screen brightness on half on automatic.

Tested again with few minutes gaming and video streaming. 3H20 SOT with 32% battery left.
    Don't know why everyone complaining battery seems fine to me. in addition i have wireless charging and quick charging. I still love this phone whatever people say and also had it for almost 4 months and still fast. I came from longterm Iphone use and sold my iphone 6 for this phone.
    Do you use facebook using chrome or the browser? its not appearing on your usage data...

By the way i saved an enormous battery by disabling Facebook App and Messenger App. I used Metal app for facebook and Messenger IM for messaging.
    09-28-2015 10:13 PM
    same thing here. 1/2 hour on phone with Verizon led to wiping cache. did not fix problem.
    09-30-2015 07:44 AM
226 ... 34567 ...