12-07-2015 09:17 AM
226 ... 56789 ...
tools
    i did a factory reset but it doesnt help idk wtf is going on..
    OK, so now you're down to a hardware problem, something your carrier did to the 5.1.1 release, where you are using it and therefore a signal issue, or your perception of what heavy drain means. Hardware is unlikely. What were the results of the airplane mode test? What carrier do you have? What do you mean by heavy drain - what percentage drop in an hour with no use? Gsam Battery monitor will tell you battery use per hour.
    11-01-2015 10:04 AM
    OK, so now you're down to a hardware problem, something your carrier did to the 5.1.1 release, where you are using it and therefore a signal issue, or your perception of what heavy drain means. Hardware is unlikely. What were the results of the airplane mode test? What carrier do you have? What do you mean bye heavy drain - what percentage drop in an hour with no use? Gsam Battery monitor will tell you battery use per hour.
    ok ill install gsam monitor tell you in detail,and ill check with airplane mode.

im using dialog gsm,
    11-01-2015 10:29 AM
    I used to leave my battery off of the charger at 8 PM at night and by the next morning it might be about 96% charged. This morning it was 7%. I have not added any new apps since the 5.1.1 update. I guess my real question is why they don't have a way of turning all of the apps off in standby mode and only have the phone working for those that want that. I also use bluetooth to connect to my Panasonic Home Phone. I think that the amount of people who have had this problem is a lot larger than has been reported. I have had my S6 for over 5 months and no problem. Suddenly after an update, I am having battery problems. Is there an app that will allow you to turn things off when you shut down the screen? It is getting frustrating since I have had that happen for at least the past week.
    Doze will do that.
    11-01-2015 04:28 PM
    Doze will do that.
    doze is actually in marshmallow right?
    11-01-2015 06:12 PM
    ok ill install gsam monitor tell you in detail,and ill check with airplane mode.

im using dialog gsm,
    ok bro i run the test with airplane mode it helps a bit,without airplane mode its drops to 2-3% an hour so is it the carrier which is causing it?

also i did cache wipe out : but didnt do the partion wipe out but just the apps wipeout,as im unable to do system wipeout ( hold+volume up+home) just gives the restart i dont see any andriod icon as i should,is there an alternative way to that?
    11-02-2015 06:28 AM
    OK, so now you're down to a hardware problem, something your carrier did to the 5.1.1 release, where you are using it and therefore a signal issue, or your perception of what heavy drain means. Hardware is unlikely. What were the results of the airplane mode test? What carrier do you have? What do you mean by heavy drain - what percentage drop in an hour with no use? Gsam Battery monitor will tell you battery use per hour.
    11-02-2015 11:08 AM
    Home+Vol Up+Power all together at the same time. Let go when you see the Galaxy S6 boot image apear. You will see a litter android on screen. After about 30-45 seconds the recovery menu will pop up.

Use Vol up and Vol down to navigate.
    Use power to choose/confirm selection.
    11-02-2015 11:08 AM
    ok bro i run the test with airplane mode it helps a bit,without airplane mode its drops to 2-3% an hour so is it the carrier which is causing it?

also i did cache wipe out : but didnt do the partion wipe out but just the apps wipeout,as im unable to do system wipeout ( hold+volume up+home) just gives the restart i dont see any andriod icon as i should,is there an alternative way to that?

What is your hourly percentage when not in airplane mode?
    11-03-2015 05:44 AM
    2-3% carier may also take a part in battery drain how to voer come this
    11-03-2015 07:54 AM
    2-3% carier may also take a part in battery drain how to voer come this
    If your battery drain is 2-3% per hour when not in airplane mode, then you have no problem since that is normal.
    11-03-2015 07:48 PM
    If your battery drain is 2-3% per hour when not in airplane mode, then you have no problem since that is normal.
    bro teach me how to do the cache partion erase
    11-04-2015 04:12 AM
    bro teach me how to do the cache partion erase
    Just Google samsung s6 wipe cache

First power off your phone completely by holding the power button then selecting Power Off. Once off, press power, volume up, and home all together, not sequentially. Release the buttons when you see the Recovery Booting text. Then use volume down/up keys to select Wipe Cache Partition, then press the power button briefly to select it. In a few seconds it finishes and goes back to the menu. Select Reboot System Now, and briefly press power to select. The reboot may take awhile as it needs to recompile all of the apps.
    11-04-2015 06:13 AM
    when in press those buttons nothing happens it just restarts
    11-04-2015 07:46 AM
    when in press those buttons nothing happens it just restarts
    This is how I do it, do not release any of the buttons.

Power off

Press and hold home, then press and hold volume up, then press and hold power. Then it will boot into recovery.

You are holding all 3 buttons down at the same time.
    11-04-2015 08:40 AM
    Mine runs about 4-5 hours SOT but depends on my day and what's used, especially if I have to use GPS navigation
    11-04-2015 10:09 AM

Power off

Press and hold home, then press and hold volume up, then press and hold power. Then it will boot into recovery.

it just restarts bro..l

can u help over skype?
    11-05-2015 07:17 AM
    it just restarts

can you help me over skype pls?
    11-05-2015 07:33 AM

Power off

thanks bro it finally worked thanks aloot ) can ypu please help me with my battery draining problem
    11-05-2015 07:42 AM
    Well I'm a girl lol, and there is a Note 5 battery thread. It is long but you need to read through and then several of us can help you.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=567125
    the tall guy and Rigelian like this.
    11-05-2015 09:14 AM
    ok :P
    11-07-2015 10:51 PM
    And the Note 5 thread should work for the S6 battery also.
    11-07-2015 11:51 PM
    Stop with these updates . The battery is draining to much from these updates.
    11-08-2015 06:24 AM
    Do you think it could be a Verizon problem? My phone used to last all day but now it's almost dead by lunch. It's weird but it only does it on the wifi at work, not at home. But at work I also have normal phone service but at home I only have one bar. I've wiped the cache and deleted all unnecessary apps. I've also disabled everything I can. Usually after a battery drain the cell radio will say it has used 20-25% of the battery. Maybe if I didn't use wifi at work? I haven't tried airplane mode at work yet.
    JConnor11 likes this.
    11-10-2015 07:12 AM
    This exact thing happened to me. It was great before the update and it's driving me insane. I already tried clearing cache and still nothing. I have Verizon if that matters... Cell Standby and Android Services show as the biggest drains.
    11-12-2015 12:18 AM
    Do you think it could be a Verizon problem? My phone used to last all day but now it's almost dead by lunch. It's weird but it only does it on the wifi at work, not at home. But at work I also have normal phone service but at home I only have one bar. I've wiped the cache and deleted all unnecessary apps. I've also disabled everything I can. Usually after a battery drain the cell radio will say it has used 20-25% of the battery. Maybe if I didn't use wifi at work? I haven't tried airplane mode at work yet.
    Try spending the day without wifi turned on while you are at work. See if that helps you any.
    This exact thing happened to me. It was great before the update and it's driving me insane. I already tried clearing cache and still nothing. I have Verizon if that matters... Cell Standby and Android Services show as the biggest drains.
    What is your actual signal strength? Not how many bars but actual xxdB signal strength.
    11-12-2015 04:01 AM
226 ... 56789 ...