Galaxy S6 Battery Life Thread

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: My own Galaxy S6 Battery Test

Seems to be some folks getting decent battery out of the S6. I picked up a mophie yesterday since classes started back and I'm away from an actual charger about 16 hours between class and work. So far though, I haven't had to use the mophie lol

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB - AT&T
Mophie Juicepack - Black
ZAGG Tempered Glass

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site

i don't understand how 4 hours of SOT is supposed to be acceptable? I regularly get 7 hours SOT on my Moto so don't you think Samsung should also try to achieve that? I would gladly accept a 1080p screen instead of 1440p if it means more battery life. Its not like anyone can notice the difference. Oh and i also would gladly accept a thicker phone if it meant higher capacity battery. When Sony can provide 10 hours of SOT on its flagships then why should Samsung not also try to achieve that?

pbc

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

Agreed. The users that are getting > 4 hours of SOT seem to be fewer than those that are getting ~3 hours. I'm one of the latter, with very light usage on the phone, and have made many of the adjustments suggested. My reception obviously isn't great, but even my Nexus 5 with its paltry battery lasted much longer with similar usage AND with Google Now on (I've had to turn it off on this phone). Thankfully I didn't pay for the phone, but I don't see myself getting another Samsung. I actually feel my Nexus 5 was an overall better phone, save a brighter screen on the S6 with more pop. Stock android is just much more fluid I find, personally.

Like others, I wish the race to paper thin would stop and larger batteries were used. Which Sony gets 10 hours SOT??

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site

Agreed. The users that are getting > 4 hours of SOT seem to be fewer than those that are getting ~3 hours. I'm one of the latter, with very light usage on the phone, and have made many of the adjustments suggested. My reception obviously isn't great, but even my Nexus 5 with its paltry battery lasted much longer with similar usage AND with Google Now on (I've had to turn it off on this phone). Thankfully I didn't pay for the phone, but I don't see myself getting another Samsung. I actually feel my Nexus 5 was an overall better phone, save a brighter screen on the S6 with more pop. Stock android is just much more fluid I find, personally.

Like others, I wish the race to paper thin would stop and larger batteries were used. Which Sony gets 10 hours SOT??
Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact.
http://www.androidauthority.com/sony-xperia-z3-10hrs-screen-on-529106/

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony...us-to-the-era-of-two-day-battery-life_id60955

Also Motorola Droid Turbo
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Step...the-new-king-of-flagship-battery-life_id62350

Lfsnz67

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site

You people are killing me. I think I maybe got over 3 hours sot on my s6 edge one or two times!

Posted via the Android Central App

Peter Papoulakos

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

I rarely get over 3 sot as well. I loose about 5-10 percent with the phone locked in my pocket. Occasionally my phone will magically lose 1 percent while locked over the course of 3 hours but who knows how or what makes that happen.

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site

i don't understand how 4 hours of SOT is supposed to be acceptable?

Because it meets or surpasses the needs of many users. Those expecting to spend half the day staring at the screen without a recharge will likely want to shop other models.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

i don't understand how 4 hours of SOT is supposed to be acceptable? I regularly get 7 hours SOT on my Moto so don't you think Samsung should also try to achieve that? I would gladly accept a 1080p screen instead of 1440p if it means more battery life. Its not like anyone can notice the difference. Oh and i also would gladly accept a thicker phone if it meant higher capacity battery. When Sony can provide 10 hours of SOT on its flagships then why should Samsung not also try to achieve that?
Do you brag about fuel economy in your Ferrari compared to a Prius? Of course not, you can't compare what I'm presuming to be the Moto G with the S6.

The Moto G has essentially the bare minimum in regards to specs while the S6 is at the forefront. All the links you posed aren't actual user accounts in regards to battery life, it's a standardized benchmark which doesn't translate to real world use at all. Look at the individual forums of those devices and you'll see people get nowhere near what the benchmarks show.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

javitolopez

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site

Hey friends i get in my s6 Best battery
uploadfromtaptalk1440356796601.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440356806731.jpg
In Mode avión my screen life responde very well
Desabilite google apps
And nock seguriti
Samsung phus desactualize
And no update services google

Enviado desde mi SM-G920F

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site

Hey friends i get in my s6 Best battery
View attachment 192652View attachment 192653
In Mode avión my screen life responde very well
Desabilite google apps
And nock seguriti
Samsung phus desactualize
And no update services google

Enviado desde mi SM-G920F
I don't understand what you're saying but you show some good battery results! Kudos to you! :)

ZAGG Tempered Glass

javitolopez

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site

I don't understand what you're saying but you show some good battery results! Kudos to you! :)

ZAGG Tempered Glass
I desabilite bootbare .and Mode avión in night in my house .
No updates firmware Samsung
No sync auto
Discharge fhone to 100% to 0% off
And very much important desabilite errors samsung

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

You guys make me laugh...

Attachments

• 73.jpg
    73.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 289
  • 74.jpg
    74.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 288

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Here is some more...

Attachments

• 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 283
  • 103.jpg
    103.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 284

engineeryajeeb

May 21, 2014
Visit site

Can you share more on how you achieve 5hrs or more of SOT? i barely get 3hrs of screen on time during my day.

Can you share if:
1. Are you always connected to data/wifi?
2. Brightness setting? if auto, where is the slider located?
3. do you use social networking apps?
4. During your screen on time, what apps are you using to accumulate to 5-7 hrs? i doubt it is just calls and text. I only see google play services, screen, samsung push services, cell standby on the lists.

Thank you

Last edited:

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site

Can you share more on how you achieve 5hrs or more of SOT? i barely get 3hrs of screen on time during my day.

Can you share if:
4. During your screen on time, what apps are you using to accumulate to 5-7 hrs? i doubt it is just calls and text. I only see google play services, screen, samsung push services, cell standby on the lists.

Thank you

1. A mixture of both WiFi and mobile data though I find my phone lasts longer on wifi as I have a weak 4G signal.
2. I don't have autobrightness turned on. I always have my phone on the lowest possible settings
3. Yes. I use Facebook and messenger but use Carbon instead of Twitter. Also use instagram but uninstalled Snapchat after I read it preloaded all the stories and chewing through my data
4. Mostly carbon for hours, Facebook messenger talking to my boyfriend in America, some instagram, Facebook, email set to push, almost all account syncing switched off except for one drive

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

1. A mixture of both WiFi and mobile data though I find my phone lasts longer on wifi as I have a weak 4G signal.
2. I don't have autobrightness turned on. I always have my phone on the lowest possible settings
3. Yes. I use Facebook and messenger but use Carbon instead of Twitter. Also use instagram but uninstalled Snapchat after I read it preloaded all the stories and chewing through my data
4. Mostly carbon for hours, Facebook messenger talking to my boyfriend in America, some instagram, Facebook, email set to push, almost all account syncing switched off except for one drive

Hey for number 3, they updated snap chat with a new setting called travel mode where it doesn't automatically load anything unless ur on wifi or you choose to load it.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Can you share if:

Thank you

1) always connected. About 50% on wifi.

2) brightness is always on manual indoors, and mostly on auto if I go outside. About 75% I'm indoors.
Brightness during manual/indoors is normally at 35%.

3) no, I don't use most social networking. Nobody cares that I just ate a chicken empinada just now and nobody cares that I'm about to brush my teeth and shave next.

4) yeah the lists mean almost nothing.
Both of my SoT tests that I've listed have 3 hours of triple A gaming, an hour of YouTube, and a good hour of Web.
Very little talk, but some texting and email.

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

This is mine hammering it all day. It's adequate, miss the removable battery though. I still have my s5 with three batteries if I need it.uploadfromtaptalk1440435670158.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440435703595.jpg

Skezza

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site

I was told by Samsung that my S6 edge using 32% in 2.5 hours is as expected, that's with no calls no useage but Bluetooth and wifi on. So expected standby life is about 8 hours.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site

I can't ever pass 3-3:30 of SoT, the most I got was 3:30 and that was very rarely using the phone. I wish I was doing something wrong that I could fix this lol