Galaxy S6 Battery Life Thread

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: S6 battery draining after 5.1.1 update

This will pretty much erase everything in your phone so you may want to be sure that you are ready to do this and then re-set up your phone again. Well your chats are saved and backed up to your phone's memory, I'm sure there is a way but I don't know exactly how to do it.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

But once you do a full restore of your phone then everything will be erased.

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

Ok. To backup your whatsapp chats you have to plug-in your phone to your computer and find the whatsapp folder in your phone. Then copy and paste the database folder to your computer. Once you have restored your phone if you do decide to go ahead with doing so, connect your phone again to your computer and copy and paste the database folder into your phone. Then download whatsapp back on your phone, verify your phone, and after it should ask you if you want to restore your chats.

Scarrr

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

Ok. To backup your whatsapp chats you have to plug-in your phone to your computer and find the whatsapp folder in your phone. Then copy and paste the database folder to your computer. Once you have restored your phone if you do decide to go ahead with doing so, connect your phone again to your computer and copy and paste the database folder into your phone. Then download whatsapp back on your phone, verify your phone, and after it should ask you if you want to restore your chats.

ok i am going to backup whatsapp data...but what about reset ? should i google it ?? and what about contacts ?

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

Contacts if you haven't back them up to your Google account go into the contacts app. Go into more, settings, and then you'll see an option that says move device contacts to and then choose the account you want to use to back up your contacts.

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

And to reset your phone you can do it two ways.

1. Shutdown your phone. Press the Volume up, Home Button, and Power Button at the same time until the phone turns back on. Release once you see the Galaxy S6 logo. That will take you to the recovery screen where you can clear the cache partition and stuff you'll see the option to factory restore device.

2. The easiest way go into the settings app and find option that says backup and reset. Then just tap the option factory data reset.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

Got 5.1.1 last week and noticed my battery is draining more than on 5.0.2. Checking my stats, I can see what is causing the additional drainage but its definitely there.

Posted via the Android Central App

Scarrr

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

Contacts if you haven't back them up to your Google account go into the contacts app. Go into more, settings, and then you'll see an option that says move device contacts to and then choose the account you want to use to back up your contacts.

i don't know how to restore contacts from google account :/

Scarrr

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

on 5.0.2 my device was terrific after 5.1.1 i am having the same issue.tried
1.wipe cache partition
2.safe mode
3.uninstalling third party apps
4.now trying hard reset
will let you know how does it work.

Scarrr

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

and whatsapp doesn't have the option to be uninstalled it can only be disabled :( so there goes my data too :( because it was already there after reset and didn't give the option of restore :(

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

You did go into the contacts app then more>settings>move device contacts to> and then selected either your Google account or your Samsung account right?

If so make sure that you have contacts sync turned on by going to settings>accounts>Google account> and make sure you turn on contact sync.

Then go into contacts app, more>settings> under contacts to display either select all or just the Google account contacts

Scarrr

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

You did go into the contacts app then more>settings>move device contacts to> and then selected either your Google account or your Samsung account right?

If so make sure that you have contacts sync turned on by going to settings>accounts>Google account> and make sure you turn on contact sync.

Then go into contacts app, more>settings> under contacts to display either select all or just the Google account contacts

got that thanks a lot man :)

Scarrr

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

No problem. So you got your contacts back?

yup :) but lost whatsapp data...i can only disable that and after enabling it doesn't give the option to restore.
what about to restore from daily backup ?that happens automatically ? i searched for it...and they all say uninstall then reinstall...but in s6 there is no such option...so i manually put the latest backup file from my laptop and copied it in the whatsapp folder so it may restore from that but nothing ...

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

Did you copy the the database folder before installing the app? If you didn't try uninstalling the app and installing it again because it should work. That's where whatsapp actually backs up the data on your phone. So when you uninstall the app and install it again you are able to restore your conversations

Scarrr

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

No problem. So you got your contacts back?

yup i did :) but lost whatsapp data as it can only be disabled so i disabled it and then enabled it somehow it gave me the option to restore i manually put the last backup file in the whatsapp folder but it still didn't work :(