Galaxy S6 Battery Life Thread

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: S6 battery draining after 5.1.1 update

bro teach me how to do the cache partion erase

Just Google samsung s6 wipe cache

First power off your phone completely by holding the power button then selecting Power Off. Once off, press power, volume up, and home all together, not sequentially. Release the buttons when you see the Recovery Booting text. Then use volume down/up keys to select Wipe Cache Partition, then press the power button briefly to select it. In a few seconds it finishes and goes back to the menu. Select Reboot System Now, and briefly press power to select. The reboot may take awhile as it needs to recompile all of the apps.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

when in press those buttons nothing happens it just restarts

This is how I do it, do not release any of the buttons.

Power off

Press and hold home, then press and hold volume up, then press and hold power. Then it will boot into recovery.

You are holding all 3 buttons down at the same time.

hoffa660

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: My own Galaxy S6 Battery Test

Mine runs about 4-5 hours SOT but depends on my day and what's used, especially if I have to use GPS navigation

s6edge

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site

Power off

Press and hold home, then press and hold volume up, then press and hold power. Then it will boot into recovery.

it just restarts bro..l :(

can u help over skype?

s6edge

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site

Power off

thanks bro it finally worked thanks aloot :)) can ypu please help me with my battery draining problem

murphdine

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site

Do you think it could be a Verizon problem? My phone used to last all day but now it's almost dead by lunch. It's weird but it only does it on the wifi at work, not at home. But at work I also have normal phone service but at home I only have one bar. I've wiped the cache and deleted all unnecessary apps. I've also disabled everything I can. Usually after a battery drain the cell radio will say it has used 20-25% of the battery. Maybe if I didn't use wifi at work? I haven't tried airplane mode at work yet.

JConnor11

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site

This exact thing happened to me. It was great before the update and it's driving me insane. I already tried clearing cache and still nothing. I have Verizon if that matters... Cell Standby and Android Services show as the biggest drains.

Last edited:

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Do you think it could be a Verizon problem? My phone used to last all day but now it's almost dead by lunch. It's weird but it only does it on the wifi at work, not at home. But at work I also have normal phone service but at home I only have one bar. I've wiped the cache and deleted all unnecessary apps. I've also disabled everything I can. Usually after a battery drain the cell radio will say it has used 20-25% of the battery. Maybe if I didn't use wifi at work? I haven't tried airplane mode at work yet.
Try spending the day without wifi turned on while you are at work. See if that helps you any.
This exact thing happened to me. It was great before the update and it's driving me insane. I already tried clearing cache and still nothing. I have Verizon if that matters... Cell Standby and Android Services show as the biggest drains.
What is your actual signal strength? Not how many bars but actual xxdB signal strength.

mikefiori1

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

I found that bluetooth after the update is the culprit. Used to leave it on all the time but after 5.1.1 it drains the battery whether connected or not. Now I just turn on when getting in my car or to connect to a device and battery life is much better. No other changes.

Posted via the Android Central App

Wil102

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

Disabling this significantly increased my battery life.
Hoping it would work for others too.

Screenshot_2015-11-16-18-33-59.jpg

Wil102

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

1. Open 'Google Settings' app
2. Under Services tap Location
3. Tap 'Google Location History'
4. Toggle switch to turn off

Good Luck!

This almost doubled my battery life.