I will sometimes be redirected to the play store looking at some random app, but usually chrome opens up to some page along the lines of "congratulations you've won!" or "warning! your phone has a virus" etc.. This has been going on for months and I'm still not sure what triggers it. It usually happens right when I open up an app (no specific one, happens to all of them as far as I can tell) or after I've been using an app for a short amount of time, or when I'm using chrome. This is extremely annoying please help!

So far I have tried clearing the cache and data on chrome and running an addons detector, both to no avail. (no problematic apps were detected)
    12-02-2015 03:43 PM
    Hi, it does sound like you have some sort of virus on your device. Try removing some of the recently installed apps you have on your phone (since the issue began) see if that helps. You could also try booting your phone into safe mode. This will allow your phone to turn on and disable all 3rd party apps - that way you can see if the issue is caused by a 3rd party app.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-03-2015 04:13 AM
    You may want to install antivirus like Lookout or something.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-04-2015 12:02 AM
    I will sometimes be redirected to the play store looking at some random app, but usually chrome opens up to some page along the lines of "congratulations you've won!" or "warning! your phone has a virus" etc.. This has been going on for months and I'm still not sure what triggers it. It usually happens right when I open up an app (no specific one, happens to all of them as far as I can tell) or after I've been using an app for a short amount of time, or when I'm using chrome. This is extremely annoying please help!

So far I have tried clearing the cache and data on chrome and running an addons detector, both to no avail. (no problematic apps were detected)
    In chrome, go to settings from the menuWhy do ads pop-up constantly on my Samsung Galaxy S6?-screenshot_2015-12-04-12-47-28.jpg
    Then scroll down to "site settings" Why do ads pop-up constantly on my Samsung Galaxy S6?-screenshot_2015-12-04-12-47-49.jpg
    From next screen make sure popups are blockedWhy do ads pop-up constantly on my Samsung Galaxy S6?-screenshot_2015-12-04-12-48-12.jpg
    Close chrome. That should get rid of the popups. Cheetah Mobile apps may still be able to bypass
    12-04-2015 04:59 AM