OLED screen won't work. What are my options?

pgt0031

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
So I bought my S6 Edge on a 2 year contract with Verizon in April. I had no issues with it until now. So this weekend, I had someone hold my phone and they dropped it and it cracked on the edge of the screen and it shatter most of my screen. The touch screen and everything else worked fine until today. I was using my phone and everything from the impact point down, turned white. Then the whole screen turned green and now it just flashes every time I use it. I could live with a cracked screen but what is causing it to produce no image and just flash like a strobe light? I could upload pics tomorrow since I have no way of taking them right now. Are these phones easy to fix?

I am so fortunate that I enabled debugging mode a long time ago so the only way I could access it is by downloading this Vysor extension and mirroring my screen that way.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I think it's just busted. Time to get it fixed! I honestly don't know how easy or difficult the edge is to repair. Did you have insurance? Good luck!

pgt0031

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
No insurance. I haven't cracked a phone in my whole entire life. I even had a case on as well. The Edge screen is more vulnerable to cracks I suppose since that is where it happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC