Hey guys...
    I'm thinking of getting a new phone soon and for those of you who already have the S6, I'm interested in hearing your opinions about the phone... or should I wait for the S7.. but I'm scared that it's gonna be expensive...

Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-05-2015 11:58 AM
    I don't think it's being released till April. If true , can you wait that long? I paid $650 for my S6. Doubtful the S7 will be cheaper. For me the S7 doesn't sound like it brings enough to the table to trump my S6 badly enough to make me want one. If my S6 took a dump in the next few weeks or months I'd probably look at getting another S6 for cheap if I stay with Samsung. My S6 has been rock solid, and the battery lasts me all day, but I don't game or watch vids either which will kill it. I'm not constantly playing with it. I get anywhere from 4 to 5 hours SOT. Got 5 yesterday with 12% left at bedtime. So I'm happy with mine, very happy actually. I plan on keeping it till it no longer works well, maybe 2 years or longer. There are not enough innovations coming out these days to get my attention and make me want to switch. Bottom line IMHO, the S6 is awesome and mine has loads of life left in it which will save me loads of dough by not upgrading. Look for an S6 cheaper. When the S7 comes out the S6, brand new will be reduced further.
    12-05-2015 12:20 PM
    I love this phone so much that my first one was broke so I sold it and got a new one. Seriously you can grab one unlocked for around $400 (if you eBay than you have a good chance of no tax like me)

I am not in any way shape or form a Samsung fanboy or diehard. I have had every BIG name brand in the past few years (Apple/HTC/SONY/LG) this phone is just amazing and just like the guy said above, there's nothing the new phone is gonna have that will make me want to upgrade. This to me has the best camera and best screen out there. Sure the battery life good be a bit better (came from a 2 day battery life Xperia Z1c) but it charges sooooo fast that it doesn't bother me too much.

I will not be upgrading a phone until either HTC makes the M10 look like the fake M9 renders that got me super excited for no reason OR phones start to have holograms.

I got a case and screen protector and a 1 years Samsung warranty and if the battery ever gets wonky its only $40 to get a new one straight from Sammy so I will not be changing phones any time soon and if you want the best phone there is i would grab one quick.

(from my S6 lol)
    12-05-2015 01:08 PM
    1. Rumors put the S7 at early 2016 and not Apr or May
    2. Other rumors claim that the S7 won't change much in terms of design
    3. Once the S7 comes out, the S6 wool be much cheaper

Choice is yours

The panda has spoken
    12-05-2015 03:45 PM

Choice is yours

The panda has spoken
    Yeah, word has it that it will look the same but will have faster CPU, might have more memory, might have a better screen, etc. Might have the new faster flash memory that didn't make it into the S6. Some early rumors of an externally accessible micro-SD slot seem unlikely, as they've indicated that SD cards slow it down and can complicate security. Perhaps they will eek out more battery capacity, though pretty sure they would have to make it longer and wider and/or better formulation vs thicker.
    12-05-2015 05:56 PM
    Hey guys...
    I'm thinking of getting a new phone soon and for those of you who already have the S6, I'm interested in hearing your opinions about the phone... or should I wait for the S7.. but I'm scared that it's gonna be expensive...

Thanks!

I use an iPhone 6S+ as my daily driver now because of the larger real estate. But I also have a GalaxyS6. The GalaxyS6 is a fantastic device that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone, for all the reasons above. I have an international device and the battery is on par with my old iPhone 6 btw.
    12-05-2015 07:54 PM
    In today's market you really don't need to pay alot of money for a good phone. The S6 is a great device that you can get for a very good price, especially on eBay.

S6 pros - best display, amazing camera, super fast charging, it's fast, great internal audio quality.

S6 cons - battery life is average, reception can be terrible, touchwiz is annoying.

dreaming of electric sheep
    12-06-2015 04:11 PM
    Hey guys...

Thanks!

If you're willing to wait potentially until April, which is a long time, wait. You'll have a newer device. Conversely you could lease the s6 from a carrier and trade up once the s7 is out.

12-07-2015 01:32 AM
    i will say wait and watch :P
    12-07-2015 02:13 AM
    i think S6 better. m also using s6 edge.
    12-07-2015 09:27 AM
    I bought my s6 a couple of months ago and i just love it! However i would prefer to have s7 simply because of its size. Rumors say it will have a 5.2 inch display, just like z5, which i think looks nicer.
    12-08-2015 12:50 AM

Choice is yours

The panda has spoken
    More recent rumours have stated its due around its usual time frame contray to earlier rumours

But OP if you can wait and money isn't an issue then just wait, but dont get caught in the waiting game.
    12-08-2015 01:02 PM
    Thanks... ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
    But the thing that worries me a bit about the S6 is the battery life... I'm using my phone mainly for Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat etc... I don't play games and I rarely watch videos unless I have to.... So I'm thinking if it's gonna be a problem that I have to carry a charger with me all the time..

12-10-2015 05:33 AM
    Thanks...
    But the thing that worries me a bit about the S6 is the battery life... I'm using my phone mainly for Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat etc... I don't play games and I rarely watch videos unless I have to.... So I'm thinking if it's gonna be a problem that I have to carry a charger with me all the time..

I have yet to see a smartphone that doesn't have a reputation for poor battery life. Most often poor battery life is due to unreasonable expectations, poor signal, usage (gaming, screen on time), inefficient settings, and misbehaving or misconfigured apps. I am mostly OK with my S6 battery life, though it really really sucks at work - but I know that's due to work being in a steel and brick building 12 miles North of the middle of nowhere and having little or no wireless signal and no allowable Wifi. I've had to adjust my expectations. Can you imagine travelling back in time to 1980 and show people what a smartphone of today can do - then tell them that battery life is poor. They wouldn't care about battery life and probably would not be surprised. We've been spoiled by the capability and now expect the battery to keep up with the capability - and oh yeah, we want it slim.

BTW - they can make batteries several times more powerful using Lithium-Sulfur, but a limiting factor has been the effectiveness of the barrier material that prevents the chemicals from igniting. A nanotube barrier material is being tested which should allow up to 10x the capacity eventually, and would charge much faster.
    12-10-2015 06:38 AM
    Thanks... ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

I have yet to see a smartphone that doesn't have a reputation for poor battery life. Most often poor battery life is due to unreasonable expectations, poor signal, usage (gaming, screen on time), inefficient settings, and misbehaving or misconfigured apps. I am mostly OK with my S6 battery life, though it really really sucks at work - but I know that's due to work being in a steel and brick building 12 miles North of the middle of nowhere and having little or no wireless signal and no allowable Wifi. I've had to adjust my expectations. Can you imagine travelling back in time to 1980 and show people what a smartphone of today can do - then tell them that battery life is poor. They wouldn't care about battery life and probably would not be surprised. We've been spoiled by the capability and now expect the battery to keep up with the capability - and oh yeah, we want it slim.

BTW - they can make batteries several times more powerful using Lithium-Sulfur, but a limiting factor has been the effectiveness of the barrier material that prevents the chemicals from igniting. A nanotube barrier material is being tested which should allow up to 10x the capacity eventually, and would charge much faster.
    12-10-2015 06:38 AM