Getting texts via Bluetooth

billhatter

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I just recently made the transition from a Lumia 1020 Windows 8.1 phone to an S6. I have a 2010 Ford Focus with the Ford Sync system.

On my 1020, when connected to Bluetooth, I was able to have my texts read to me over my speakers and reply via hands free. I cannot for the life of me however get the S6 to replicate this behavior.

I can get the car to recognize texts, but they come across the text messaging system, which requires manipulation of the stereo, and response isn't entirely hands free.

I've tried using multiple suggestions, but haven't found anything that works. Is exist Android to work out of the box like my 1020 and my wife's iPhone 6+

I can get Bluetooth audio, but no hands free. I drive 60+ miles on a work commute, and this is driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ps. I've tried 3rd party apps, but they were slowing down my system and draining battery life horribly.

mlrz24

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Maybe you need the Samsung driving app?

Posted via the Android Central App. It also might have to do Bluetooth if the Ford Sync app doesn't support the latest Bluetooth files cause you can't update them in your car.

billhatter

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I've looked into the driving app, and it doesn't seem to want to work. I'm on AT&T and their "Driving Mode" app really blows.

I updated my Ford Sync to the latest release, and I can't believe there are newer Bluetooth specifications that my Galaxy has that my Windows phone and iPhone don't have. I've done some research on here, and haven't really found anyone that's been successfully getting their Android to go Hands Free.

I'm amazed that such a thing doesn't come supported out of the box, or that it's just not that easy to set up.

Ryan Wallace

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I've looked into the driving app, and it doesn't seem to want to work. I'm on AT&T and their "Driving Mode" app really blows.

I updated my Ford Sync to the latest release, and I can't believe there are newer Bluetooth specifications that my Galaxy has that my Windows phone and iPhone don't have. I've done some research on here, and haven't really found anyone that's been successfully getting their Android to go Hands Free.

I'm amazed that such a thing doesn't come supported out of the box, or that it's just not that easy to set up.
I just use Svoice. I say "Hey Jarvis, voice search (brings up Google voice search instantly), read my last text message". Then I dictate a message back, completely hands free.

billhatter

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I don't have SVoice. I've heard it's horrible compared to Google Now.

I'm also exploring Cortana as my personal assistant for now.

It also doesn't help because unless I'm expecting a text, I don't know to go look for it. I want a push, not a pull, system.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Everytime there's an Android update they mess around with BT. These changes are done in such a way that they are not backwards compatible so this means updating ore replacing your car's BT module. This is a big weakness in Android

billhatter

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Everytime there's an Android update they mess around with BT. These changes are done in such a way that they are not backwards compatible so this means updating ore replacing your car's BT module. This is a big weakness in Android
Yeah, but I can stream my music and podcast addict to it. And I can set it up so that the text themselves are sent, but I want read/reply hands free.

So this isn't a BT issue add far as I can tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke