Issue when using black wallpaper.

Zach91

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Whenever I try to use a black wallpaper on my gs6 it appears to have light bleed in the top left corner. When i view the picture through the gallery it's looks fine with no issue, but when I make it the wallpaper it looks like the screen has light bleed. [BOX]Screenshot_2015-12-12-15-55-19.jpg[/BOX]. You might be able to see it on this screenshot. Any advice?

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Whenever I try to use a black wallpaper on my gs6 it appears to have light bleed in the top left corner. When i view the picture through the gallery it's looks fine with no issue, but when I make it the wallpaper it looks like the screen has light bleed. [BOX]View attachment 209494[/BOX]. You might be able to see it on this screenshot. Any advice?

You can't capture a screen defect in a screen capture. It will only show the image (screen) that is being rendered on the display, not how the display is showing it.

Last edited:

Zach91

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
My bad on that, was hoping it would show what I'm talking about. Anyway it only has this what looks like light bleed when I set any black picture as my home screen wallpaper. it only happens on the home screen.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
My bad on that, was hoping it would show what I'm talking about. Anyway it only has this what looks like light bleed when I set any black picture as my home screen wallpaper. it only happens on the home screen.

No screen is perfect and that can happen. I'd suggest sharing your screensaver with another local S6 owner, and see if theirs does it. I say local because it is important that you compare it - other might not even note it. If your screen is the only one doing what you are seeing, then you need to consider whether it is worth exchanging the phone or sending it in for repair. Can you convince the store? Will they cover replacement or repair? Is it worth the hassle to you to switch to a new phone? If you are near a Best Buy, you could show it to one of the Samsung folks and see what they say.