Galaxy S6 - Invisible Contacts

anon(1248840)

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
VZW Service. Galaxy S6. SW version 5.1.1

I import contacts from lots of places, Facebook, Outlook, 3 gmail accounts and have never had an issue before. Upgraded to a S6 from a S4 about 3 weeks ago. Now I have invisible contacts. I say invisible because they aren't missing. Let me give you an example - Menu -> Contacts, scroll to the A section and look for Alex...nothing is there no Alex at all. Now do the same thing - Menu -> Contacts, start typing Alex into the search bar and poof there he is. I have clear the cache for contacts. turned off and turned on sync several times across multiple accounts with no success. Please help

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
VZW Service. Galaxy S6. SW version 5.1.1

I import contacts from lots of places, Facebook, Outlook, 3 gmail accounts and have never had an issue before. Upgraded to a S6 from a S4 about 3 weeks ago. Now I have invisible contacts. I say invisible because they aren't missing. Let me give you an example - Menu -> Contacts, scroll to the A section and look for Alex...nothing is there no Alex at all. Now do the same thing - Menu -> Contacts, start typing Alex into the search bar and poof there he is. I have clear the cache for contacts. turned off and turned on sync several times across multiple accounts with no success. Please help
Are the contacts showing up with last name first? So instead of showing up under “A”, perhaps Alex is showing up under the last name? You can also go into the Contacts settings and be sure to select the appropriate option to display the contacts you wish to see. There may be an option, for example, to show only Google contacts and not Facebook or others. Let us know if that helps.

anon(1248840)

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I checked for spaces and by last name. In contact settings -> contacts to display, I have "all contacts" selected; Sort By is set to "first name" and Name Format is "first, last". It appears to be affecting just one of my gmail accounts.....very frustrating.