VZW Service. Galaxy S6. SW version 5.1.1

I import contacts from lots of places, Facebook, Outlook, 3 gmail accounts and have never had an issue before. Upgraded to a S6 from a S4 about 3 weeks ago. Now I have invisible contacts. I say invisible because they aren't missing. Let me give you an example - Menu -> Contacts, scroll to the A section and look for Alex...nothing is there no Alex at all. Now do the same thing - Menu -> Contacts, start typing Alex into the search bar and poof there he is. I have clear the cache for contacts. turned off and turned on sync several times across multiple accounts with no success. Please help
    12-14-2015 08:45 AM
    VZW Service. Galaxy S6. SW version 5.1.1

I import contacts from lots of places, Facebook, Outlook, 3 gmail accounts and have never had an issue before. Upgraded to a S6 from a S4 about 3 weeks ago. Now I have invisible contacts. I say invisible because they aren't missing. Let me give you an example - Menu -> Contacts, scroll to the A section and look for Alex...nothing is there no Alex at all. Now do the same thing - Menu -> Contacts, start typing Alex into the search bar and poof there he is. I have clear the cache for contacts. turned off and turned on sync several times across multiple accounts with no success. Please help
    Are the contacts showing up with last name first? So instead of showing up under “A”, perhaps Alex is showing up under the last name? You can also go into the Contacts settings and be sure to select the appropriate option to display the contacts you wish to see. There may be an option, for example, to show only Google contacts and not Facebook or others. Let us know if that helps.
    12-14-2015 10:53 AM
    I checked for spaces and by last name. In contact settings -> contacts to display, I have "all contacts" selected; Sort By is set to "first name" and Name Format is "first, last". It appears to be affecting just one of my gmail accounts.....very frustrating.
    12-14-2015 11:03 AM
    Could some of your contacts be device contacts instead of GMAIL ones?
    srkmagnus likes this.
    12-14-2015 02:18 PM