New to android and, after several sleepless nights, I finally have my S6 set up the way I *think* I want it. This is a business phone. My email, calendar, contacts, etc., are on my device via active sync. I use the Samsung email client and Samsung calendar. I'm really not using any of the Google apps. The settings in my gmail/google account are set to the most private/secure options offered.

When I went to try Google Now today, I asked it to schedule a "test" appointment. It appeared to do so but I couldn't find it on my calendar. After searching a bit, I found it when I logged into my account on a desktop -- it placed the appointment in the Google calendar and not on the calendar I'm using.

Is there a way to re-direct Google Now so it's using the calendar I'm using (and the email and text clients I'm using)?

Thanks.
    12-15-2015 01:36 PM
    New to android and, after several sleepless nights, I finally have my S6 set up the way I *think* I want it. This is a business phone. My email, calendar, contacts, etc., are on my device via active sync. I use the Samsung email client and Samsung calendar. I'm really not using any of the Google apps. The settings in my gmail/google account are set to the most private/secure options offered.

When I went to try Google Now today, I asked it to schedule a "test" appointment. It appeared to do so but I couldn't find it on my calendar. After searching a bit, I found it when I logged into my account on a desktop -- it placed the appointment in the Google calendar and not on the calendar I'm using.

Is there a way to re-direct Google Now so it's using the calendar I'm using (and the email and text clients I'm using)?

Thanks.
    The Samsung calendar uses your gmail account. You probably don't have the calendar app set to show it. Open Calendar/more/manage calendars, my bet is you don't have it set to show your gmail calendar, only your device calendar.

The only other thing you could try is using S Voice. I've never used it, so I have no clue what it will do.
    LeoRex likes this.
    12-15-2015 01:59 PM
    You were right, I didn't have the gmail calendar showing in the Samsung calendar. Easy enough to fix that. Just so I understand, all Google now "schedule appointment" type commands would go to the gmail calendar, not my exchange calendar, correct? I ask b/c this is obviously different from iOS, where Siri schedules events directly on the exchange calendar. I assume there's no way to do that w/ Google Now...so that you have to really maintain 2 calendars?

Lastly, does the same workflow apply to "send email" commands? They would go to gmail rather than to the Samsung email client on the device that is synced via ActiceSync to my exchange server?

Thanks.
    12-15-2015 09:58 PM
    You do not need to "maintain" two calenders, the sync link between the two work seamlessly. You may (perhaps) still need to activate the sync for your work calendar.

Exchange server email does not go through the Gmail servers to the best of my knowledge.
    12-16-2015 12:57 AM