[SOLUTION] Samsung Keyboard has stopped working/ Random Restarts?

Rex_Stylus

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
My Galaxy S6 phone keeps restarting itself

This mostly occurs when I'm texting... sometimes randomly. Hi! Im not sure whats wrong with my s6 but it keeps restarting itself. Yesterday was worse because I was texting someone and.. during that 20 minutes, it restarted itself 4 times! I did some experimenting these past few weeks, I switched my phone to safe mode for a day or so, and the problem never occured.. not even once! Back to the problem, I have a feeling it might be some of the apps I have (I dont have that much apps), I got rid all of my game apps but problem is still occuring. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this problem?

My phone is new, I got it on September

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: My Galaxy S6 phone keeps restarting itself

Hi and welcome to AndroidCentral.

You have the right idea, since you did not have the problem when you used safe mode.

Do you know what was the last app you installed prior to the problem occurring? If so, have you tried uninstalling it?

Rex_Stylus

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

I believe it was the PicPlayPost app... I dont think it's that app that is causing the problem.. because even before I installed that app, my phone was still restarting itself randomly.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Unfortunately, the only way to fix it in that case would probably be to do a backup and then a factory reset without restoring your apps and then add apps one at a time until you know which is the offending app.

Rex_Stylus

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

Ok so I've uninstalled most of the apps I don't use anymore, no games no random apps. I'll give you guys an update in the next couple of hours.

Rex_Stylus

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

oh balls! phone just restarted itself while I was texting! >.> alright Laura imma do a factory reset. Be right back

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Rex, I hope that works. If you still have problems with the restarts after factory reset, I would suggest sending it for warranty repair or replacement, since it is a new phone.

Rex_Stylus

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

Alright! I have finally factory resetted my phone! I've been texting for 10 minutes and it seems like the problem hasnt occured yet! Before, my phone would restart itself after 2-3 minutes of texting.... now I can text for 10 minutes without any disturbance!

It's time to download apps and see which one of them was causing the problem! I hope it's not facebook or twitter.

Thanks Laura! I'll keep ya updated once I find out which one was causing the problem!

Rex_Stylus

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

alrighty! after almost one week, my phone only restarted itself once! it was the day after I installed Yelp, and it was also the last app I installed before my phone restarted itself! I decided to uninstall it and since then.. no restarts has ever occurred. I'm still not sure if it was Yelp that was causing the problem, but in the meanwhile, I shall keep my eye open! If no restarts occur in the next 5 days, I will come back here and confirm that everything's okay! Right now, Yelp is on my guilty list >:O

Rex_Stylus

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Phone is already broken in under 4 months?

Ok.. some of you guys might have seen my threads about my phone restarting by iteslef randomly. I've literally tried everything to fix this problem and for some reason my phone just keeps having this problem. I only bought this phone 4 months ago, it's not that old! How does this happen? it's brand new and 4 months later it's having this annoying problem?. No, I've never dropped it in a toilet nor threw it around... I like taking care of my phone. Taking care of it was easy, but getting this kind of problem? it's not so easy.

I bought this phone from Wind Mobile, and I was dumb enough for not paying for a warranty cuz my brother told me so. I've literally tried everything, my best, surfed the web for solutions... and I can't seem to fix the problem. I did clear the cache, the data... everything you name it. Still, problem still occurs.

Anybody know how/where I can get my phone repaired for free? I heard getting your phone repaired costs you hundreds! I'm not that rich, but if it's the only choice I have, I'd force myself. But for now, I am seeking for help, anybody know how or where I can get my phone repaired for free?

Much Help would be appreciated!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Threads have been merged. I assume that after the initial success you described in the other thread, the problems have recurred?

You mentioned before that the phone would function normally in Safe Mode--is that still the case? If so, then something you keep installing is causing the instability.

You might also try unmounting and removing your SD card (if present), since corrupt cards can cause various issues.

Rex_Stylus

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I factory resetted my phone again, but this time I didnt install any apps... guess what happened, I was texting and after 1 min of typing, phone gets an error "Samsung Keyboard has stopped working".. phone restarted itself right after that error showed up. I don't know what to do anymore, I'm gonna bring my phone to my local WIND warranty repair store, if they cant fix it, they will have to send it somewhere.

Thanks anyway, and sorry for these messy threads. I was too frustrated

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781