Can a Sprint Galaxy S6 (w/sim card) be set up on Straight Talk as CDMA?

cgdiddy

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I own a Galaxy S6, which I got from Sprint. I'm dumping Sprint and attempting to switch over to Straight Talk. The Straight Talk setup kit comes with instructions for both GSM and CMDA networks. It includes sim cards for either ATT or T-Mobile, and both say they may be used for unlocked phones as well.

My question is: Because the kit only includes sim cards for ATT, T-Mobile, or unlocked phones, can I simply use the non-sim CDMA setup instructions for my (Sprint) Galaxy S6 on the Straight Talk network? Without removing or switching out the existing sim card? I've read that Sprint and Verizon may use sim cards solely for 4G LTE connections, but I'm not sure if that will be effected by switching to Straight Talk and keeping the same sim card.

cgdiddy

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. That will help if I have to ask Sprint to unlock the phone. I'm still looking to see if I can just do the switch via Straight Talk's CDMA instructions without unlocking. I did find another forum here specifically for S6. Maybe I'll try posting in there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney