S6 camera app

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to get the camera app to be brighter without turning up the overall device brightness? I run normally with brightness set to 20-25%,but outside I need it brighter to be able to see it.

I run with automatic brightness off.

DroidFromVA

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Is there any way to get the camera app to be brighter without turning up the overall device brightness? I run normally with brightness set to 20-25%,but outside I need it brighter to be able to see it.

I run with automatic brightness off.

The screens used in Samsung phones are not ideal for outdoor usage in direct sunlight. Nothing can change that because that's a result of how AMOLED displays work. I run my screen at full brightness all the time and it doesn't make any real difference in direct sunlight. Flipping on the HDR setting in the camera app can make the screen image a little brighter and clearer in direct sunlight, but your mileage will vary.

Ryan Wallace

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
The screens used in Samsung phones are not ideal for outdoor usage in direct sunlight. Nothing can change that because that's a result of how AMOLED displays work. I run my screen at full brightness all the time and it doesn't make any real difference in direct sunlight. Flipping on the HDR setting in the camera app can make the screen image a little brighter and clearer in direct sunlight, but your mileage will vary.
This is not correct. The newer Samsung panels have some of the best viewing angle even in direct sunlight especially due to the super brightness mode which kicks up the brightness to over 1000 nits (at the cost of color accuracy). OP make sure you leave auto brightness on as that's the only way to enter super bright mode while outdoors.