Had my new S6 for a few days and ive been having problems with it and im thinking it's unacceptable. Occasionally when im browsing using chrome, the webpage will crash and would ask me to reload the page. Not sure why. Also, i notice when im browsing or in a news/sports app etc, when reading the scrolling would appear like 'choppy' and stuttering. On top of that the battery seems to drain somewhat quick. Also some apps like gmail have occasionally crashed.

I've tried everything to stop this, i.e. use nova launcher, turned brightness down, restarted and cleared my cache but i cant get it to run smooth. Im not expecting it to the super but it's rather annoying.

Just wondered if anyone has experienced any of this problems and any solution? I had the htc m8 and i never recalled it doing this.
    12-22-2015 08:33 AM
    Hello! Touchwiz is one of the heavier skins and can be laggy. The battery on the S6 is wonky at best. Very erratic. Have you tried a factory data reset for the lag?
    12-22-2015 10:23 AM
    Hi, no i haven't but would i need to do this everything the device does this? thanks
    12-22-2015 10:26 AM
    I would try booting the phone in safe mode to be sure if there's something wrong with your system or just a conflict with an app you downloaded. Take a look here.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=DgriuJ86
    12-22-2015 10:31 AM
    Activate Developer Mode and you can tweak a few things that improve the functionality of your phone. Also, ditch the colorful stock Samsung theme or whatever you are using and go with a dark theme to save battery life. Make sure the WiFi is completely turned off and not set to be "always scanning". Disabling Location tracking is also a good idea as it will eat up a ton of battery life and you only need to enable it for certain uses like Maps or apps that require location data.
    12-22-2015 10:45 AM
    Activate Developer Mode and you can tweak a few things that improve the functionality of your phone. Also, ditch the colorful stock Samsung theme or whatever you are using and go with a dark theme to save battery life. Make sure the WiFi is completely turned off and not set to be "always scanning". Disabling Location tracking is also a good idea as it will eat up a ton of battery life and you only need to enable it for certain uses like Maps or apps that require location data.
    Hi, what changes do you recommend in the developer settings?
    12-22-2015 11:06 AM
    In developer options, you should set animation speeds to 0.5. That will make the phone animations snappier and might take care of some of that lag.
    12-22-2015 11:15 AM
    Hi, what changes do you recommend in the developer settings?
    I disabled all the animations and it makes the TouchWiz interface very snappy. There are articles detailing what each setting does and how it will affect your phone, so you should use Google to pick up that info and also look at the articles about optimizing your S6 (you can look at older articles for the S5 too, cause it's all the same stuff) to get more battery life and better performance.
    12-22-2015 12:28 PM
    Thanks guys will give this all a go.

One thing i forgot to mention is that the lockscreen clock seems to lag also. In that, when its been idle for sometime when i click on the homebutton, it'll update to the current time? Is this normal?
    12-22-2015 03:04 PM
    Thanks guys will give this all a go.

One thing i forgot to mention is that the lockscreen clock seems to lag also. In that, when its been idle for sometime when i click on the homebutton, it'll update to the current time? Is this normal?
    I have started to notice this recently as well, mine does this as well which is weird.
    12-22-2015 03:13 PM
    I have started to notice this recently as well, mine does this as well which is weird.
    I dont understand how this can happen, ive not seen it with other devices. Rather annoying
    12-22-2015 03:19 PM