Just thought I'd share the experience.

I got the S6 4 months ago. What I actually wanted to get was the Galaxy S6 edge just for the sexy design. Anyways I went with the S6 Gold Platinium because of the money restraint. And I have to say, I immediately fell in love with it. Especially the color with the Gold metal rails. It is indeed a beautiful device.

The new year was coming and I had the money I saved too and I knew it was time to get the Edge. So I did. In my favourite Green Emerald color.

The phone functioned the same. Looked a bit sexier, yes. And that green color is so unique. Loved the color. Used it for a week. I don't know what it was but it just didn't feel right in the hand like the regular one did. The regular S6 sits so naturally in the palm and though the curved feeling was nice when sliding through home screens, the niceness went away after just one day. The wow factor wasn't there anymore.

Also, I do a lot of phone photography and I take it seriously. The view finder being curved that way hindered in composing the shots a lot.

So I went and got the same phone which I sold again. And I couldn't be happier. The S6 has something which the Edge doesn't. And the Edge has somethings which this one doesn't. No one is superior for the general consumer.

Though for me I don't know why the regular model feels far more superior to the edge. And in some ways, I think the regular one is sexier too. With the flattened out sides and the slight ridge at the top and bottom. The Gold version with the gold rails and the gray antenna bars. The black one with the darker rails. Of course all of these could be found in the edge variant too but they're just more well thought out on the regular one.

The S6 edge plus will be a different story. I get that. But I don't like big phones. I've given them plenty of chances but no.

Anyways, don't know if anyone cares but I had a story and I just wanted to share. Thank you for your patience. Stay blessed and happy holidays!

Posted via the Android Central App
    ftudor and galaxyfive like this.
    12-26-2015 01:13 AM
    I think the S6 is the best all around Android mobile on the market today. Yes, even more value than the Note 5, and certainly more value for dollar than any current Nexus. Highly under rated IMHO.
    mindhead1 likes this.
    12-26-2015 11:14 AM
    When I checked out the S6 Edge in the store, I found the edges to be almost sharp, so I thought over time it might end up being at least mildly uncomfortable. Did you experience that?
    12-26-2015 05:47 PM
    When I checked out the S6 Edge in the store, I found the edges to be almost sharp, so I thought over time it might end up being at least mildly uncomfortable. Did you experience that?
    I actually thought that too the first time I held it. I always put a case on my phones and the short time I used my edge I purchased a fairly nice cover too. But I ended up using the phone without the cover because it felt nicer without it. More grippier.

And no, I didn't feel the edges to be too sharp.

I guess if you purchase the Edge without using the regular one for a long time you'll love it. But if you use it after using the regular one you might have a difficult time adjusting. Because the S6 regular version is too perfect and comfortable.

And I know touchwiz is still hated by masses and the battery life sucks. But I love touchwiz and I don't care about the battery life. It gets me through the day.

B. Diddy likes this.
    12-27-2015 09:02 AM
    I think the S6 is the best all around Android mobile on the market today. Yes, even more value than the Note 5, and certainly more value for dollar than any current Nexus. Highly under rated IMHO.
    Yes I think so too! For me the Galaxy S6 is the best phone on the market today.

The build, design, features, display and camera are undoubtedly best in the business. Battery life could be better. As well as the software experience (although I don't mind touchwiz at all and I now put it at the top of the OEM skins, even higher than my former favourite skin, HTC Sense).

I just hope Samsung continues going this path. And stop releasing 100 galaxy phones in a year.

12-27-2015 09:05 AM
    I went trough the same experience purchased an S6 loved it but thought the S6 Edge would be an improvement and I was clearly wrong. I have not encountered a phone more comfortable to hold then the S6. I was not a fan of the image appearance change at the curved edges, this is something one would not pickup on unless you owned both models. Since the curved edges really don't perform any useful function decided the S6 was the choice for me. Fortunately I realized this within the 14 day return window so I only lost $35.00.
    12-27-2015 09:19 AM