So I have a Samsung S6 Galaxy through Verizon. I also use the Message+ stock app that Verizon has placed on the phone.

My lock screen is disabled through a 3rd party app (No Lock), so when I previously received a text message, my screen would awaken, and a preview of said text message would show up in the status bar.

Now i had to reset my phone, and upon resetting, my phone will still show the blinking LED light, and make the sound associated with receiving a text message. However the screen no longer lights up, so now if i want to read the test message int the status bar, I have to hit the power button to light up my phone. Very annoying.

I have went through the settings where there used to be a checkbox that said "show preview in status bar and lock screen", but that selection no longer seems to be there. I will also say that if my screen is already awake (either if i'm currently using the phone, or the screen hasn't turned off yet), the preview of the text message DOES show up in the status bar.

Barring any comments of using another text messaging app (i'm okay and set in my ways and content in using this app, whether it's inferior to most's eyes or not), does anyone have any suggestions?? I mean i will use another app that just awakes my phone when a notification is received...but i don't want something that has pop-ups, widgets, and the like. I really just want my phone to awaken as it did prior due to the reset, without (seeing at least) any add-on's, etc. thank you for your assistance.
    12-28-2015 03:31 PM
    Mod Note, I will move this to the s6 forum for more visibility
    12-28-2015 05:30 PM