Hey all,

It's been about 4 years since I had an Android phone (back from the dark side) and I am getting our shared calendar setup.

My Windows Google calendar to my wife's Windows Google calendar is fine, syncs within 20-30 seconds. Seems like the sync to her Note5 and my S6 is so slow that to be sure we are getting the calendar updates we have to go in and manually sync the Google account on each phone. This process takes a good 5 mins and is not ideal to be doing it all day long to ensure we have the latest events.

Is there something I can check/change to get the sync to happen a bit more automatically/frequently on the phones?

Thanks in advance
    Rick
    12-28-2015 11:00 PM
    Welcome back! What do you mean by a Windows Google calendar? Do you mean the basic Calendar program that comes with Windows? Are do you mean your Google Calendar that you access on the Google Calendar website on your browser?
    12-29-2015 02:47 AM
    Google calendar that I access via my web browser on my Windows 10 PC

Rick
    12-29-2015 10:05 AM
    Ok, and are you talking about sharing your personal Google Calendar to your wife's Google Calendar? If you've already shared it with her, then on her Calendar app, check in its settings to make sure your calendar is set to both Sync and to Display.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-30-2015 04:12 AM
    Not exactly sure what you are trying to do, but I use Companion Link to keep my Outlook and Google calendars in synch. Works great.
    12-30-2015 06:20 AM
    Hey everyone, thanks for keeping this going

My shared google calendar is working fine with me and my wife on our PC using the browser. The issue seems with be with the length of time it takes for the changes to show up on our Note5/S6 phones. Is there a way to shorten the sync delay? I am trying to avoid going in and manually syncing to see the recent changes

Thanks again
    Rick
    12-30-2015 11:29 AM
    The issue seems with be with the length of time it takes for the changes to show up on our Note5/S6 phones. Is there a way to shorten the sync delay? I am trying to avoid going in and manually syncing to see the recent changes
    Did you already check your Calendar app settings to make sure those particular shared calendars are set to Sync? On most calendar apps, you can usually select which specific calendars to sync on the phone and which ones to stay unsynced.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-31-2015 02:49 AM
    Hey Diddy,

Yes, it is set to sync.

Do you know what the sync frequency is and is there a way to shorten the lag time between syncs w/o forcing a sync manually?

Rick
    12-31-2015 09:24 AM
    The actual Google Calendar app from Google should sync immediately. I'm not sure if the Samsung Calendar app works differently, though.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-31-2015 02:55 PM
    also make sure the global sync is on. pull down the notification bar and look for the sync icon
    Laura Knotek and B. Diddy like this.
    12-31-2015 11:27 PM
    Thanks everyone for helping out.

We are currently using the Google Calendar in the S5/Note5 and seem to like it a lot.

Enjoy and Happy New Year
    Rick
    01-01-2016 01:01 PM
    Does it work now? Was Auto-Sync turned off, as lucianus_luciferus suspected?
    01-01-2016 01:57 PM
    Auto sync was enabled, maybe we weren't be patient enough from the start

With Google Calendar installed on the S6/Note5 it's almost instant now

Thanks a ton
    Rick
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-01-2016 04:45 PM