Gallery Photos not showing in Google Photo

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I have several hundred photos on my new S6 that came originally from my iPhone (sorry, can i say that here :eek:) that show up fine in my gallery. When I open Google Photo, I only see very few pics, mostly what was taken with the S6 and what is on my Google Drive

Thanks in advance
Rick

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
How did you get them on to your S6? Do you see them on photos.google.com? If not, is the folder that these iPhone pics are location selected as one that Photos monitors (check "Device Folders" in Photos app settings).

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The photos transferred from the iPhone using the Samsung Smart Switch app when I bought the S6. I do not see them on photos.google.com, what shows there is the same as what I see on the S6. And I don't see a "Device Folders" in the Photo app settings section

Thanks again
Rick

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Look in the slide out menu in the Google Photos app. In there, it'll list all the folders in which it has detected pictures (and it is also a way to view the locally stored pictures). I suspect that the transferred pictures are in a folder it doesn't monitor.

Screenshot_20151229-151041.jpg

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
OK, found that however no luck. It shows the same photos as what is seen in the Photo app, I can't see any additional folders that aren't being seen

Rick

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Have you allowed Google to back up all photos? If you have your Google account set to back them up it will then upload all of the pictures on your device and they will be there in the future along with any new photos you take or download.

Posted via the Android Central App

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I connected my S6 to my PC and all the photos (430) are in the Samsung.../phone/pictures folder on the device and they are all .jpg or .wmv files.

Yes, everything is being backed up to Google and it's was synced several times last night

Again, all the photos are visible through Gallery, just not through Google Photo

Rick

Last edited:

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
No don't use dropbox

So where does Gallery pull photos from?
I have all the photos backed up on my PC, where can I copy them to onto the S6 so they show up properly?

Rick

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
OK,so it seems that photos from 2 locations will show in Google Photo. 1) Ones that are in my google drive\photos folder online and 2) Ones on the phone in the "phone\dcim\camera" folder. Anything in the phone\pictures folder on the phone won't show up in Google Photo only the Gallery. I copied 2 photos from the pictures folder to the dcim\camera folder and now they show up in Google Photo.

My concern now is I don't want them duplicated in Gallery and Google Photo nor do I want to remove them from Gallery at this time as I am still playing with Google Photo

Not trying to complicate this but what am I missing?
Rick

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
OK, here is what I think I will do, copy all my photos to my laptop and delete everything from my phone to start fresh.

Question is, in what folder(s) should they go back into?

Rick

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis