Why is my phone case causing my Galaxy S6 to lag?

A

AC Question

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S6 along with an Incipio backing (no front cover). The phone worked great when I tried it out in the store and continued to do well for a while, but then the keyboard and scrolling on internet began lagging worse than anything I've ever seen. I was about ready to send the phone back in, but I took the Incipio case off and the phone began working like new again. I have repeated this process multiple times for confirmation, and it only occurs when the case is on. Has anyone else had this issue? If it's just a case issue I can buy a new one from a different company, but don't want to keep sinking money into new cases if that's not the root of the problem.

Luckydog987

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I don't think the case has anything to do with how the phone will perform. The only thing I can think of how the case could affect the performance is if the phone is overheating and the case is keeping the heat in. So I don't think the case is the issue here. The main issue is from the ram management in TouchWiz. TouchWiz is very aggressive with ram and uses between 75% to 90% (estimating) to keep the operating system running smoothly. This leaves you with less than a gigabyte of ram to run everything else smoothly. As you can see in the attached photo this person only has 529mb of free ram. So this is probably the problem with your phone, TouchWiz using up lots of ram leaving you with less than a gig of ram left thus causing slow downs and lag in your phone. I would recommend returning your phone and getting a nexus 6p or an LG v10 if this is a serious problem for you.

Posted via the Android Central App on an LG V10

Attachments

• 2969.jpg
    2969.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 51

sonicbill11

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
I am experiencing the same exact situation, with same S6 phone and same Incipio case. I take the case off, the phone runs at lightning speed. I put the case on, the keyboard and screen lag big time. I'm going to ditch the case. It's so strange. I've never had this happen before.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance