How can I sync my @live email account contacts with my new S6?

A

AC Question

The only way to transfer contacts, as far as I've read, is that i have to import my contacts into my gmail account. I don't want to use my gmail account to hold all my contacts because I used Outlook.com for emails. If i were to ever make a new contact on my phone, it then wouldn't sync with my windows live acct. Am I missing something?I should just be able to hook up my email on my phone and have it sync everything, not just email :(

thetruth1960

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
I tried the Outlook app in a tablet running 4.4.2 and I don't see my Outlook contacts in the People Android app. In the Outlook App, I do see the 1 test contact that I have in my Android account in addition to my regular outlook contacts.
So I'm concerned that it is not synching the contacts and they won't show up in the dialer when I'm ready to make a call.

sharpycl

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I set up my account as a Microsoft Exchange Activesync account. Has been working fine since I purchased my phone back in June.

thetruth1960

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi sharpycl, to make sure I understand, you are saying that you are using Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync to sync with your live.com email address? So are you setting the Microsoft Outlook app not to sync?

thetruth1960

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
I set it up a test account with ActiveSync. It kind of works but not really. If I make a change on my desktop, the update never happens on the tablet. I had the frequency set to "push". Then I changed to "5 min" to see if that worked and it doesn't. The only way I can get the change to happen is to untick the checkbox and tick it again. That forces the sync and everything comes down.

***Edit***
I'm only synching contacts.

sharpycl

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Correct. I don't sync with Microsoft Outlook. I am using Activesync to sync with my live.com email address. I don't even have the Microsoft Outlook app installed.

If you're using Samsung's email app for email (I understand you just want to sync contacts), as far as I can tell you still have to change the sync settings in the email app to "Auto(when received)". My contacts, under these settings, refresh and populate on my phone as I create them on my laptop in approx. 30 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek