Weird message

darin.radke.5

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting a weird message at random times. This is a screen shot. Haven't noticed any battery problems since getting this message but now I have trouble connecting to my home wifi. uploadfromtaptalk1451681168374.jpguploadfromtaptalk1451681179170.jpg

manamaga

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
The website shown (fadacai1.com) is an iframe element so, it's most likely coming from a dodgy app you have installed. Failing that, a dodgy website. I would quit all of your apps and delete your browsing data and remove any apps that you really do not need.

Posted via the Android Central App

manamaga

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
DO NOT follow the instructions to "fix it"!! Whatever you do. To be 100% sure, I would factory reset your device. Something I do on a regular basis.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
DO NOT follow the instructions to "fix it"!! Whatever you do. To be 100% sure, I would factory reset your device. Something I do on a regular basis.

Folks should be sure that before they factory reset their device that they understand that all of their files and settings will be lost permanently if they don't take steps to back them up. Not saying there aren't time that require a reset, but please don't flippantly suggest resets to folks that might be inexperienced, might not understand the ramifications, and could lose critical non-backed-up files. This is like folks who casually suggest re-installing Windows for almost every problem. Doing so on a phone or a PC probably will result in lost files and days of effort to re-install and set everything back up. Yes, if the phone is infected this might be the end result - but take the time to determine that this is the only viable course of action and that you preserve files.

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I had something like that on my old phone while browsing reddit on the Android subforum (mine said something like your LG D802 has a virus or something). I simply pressed backspace, but there was definitely no sign of anything ominous going on in my phone after that. I must have run into some dodgy adaware there.

Personally I wouldn't worry too much about it if you didn't click on the "ok" button, but it's always best to check and run a few virus checkers on your phone. If you're feeling paranoid, backup anything important on your phone and do a factory reset.

Terejw

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I had something like that on my old phone while browsing reddit on the Android subforum (mine said something like your LG D802 has a virus or something). I simply pressed backspace, but there was definitely no sign of anything ominous going on in my phone after that. I must have run into some dodgy adaware there.

Personally I wouldn't worry too much about it if you didn't click on the "ok" button, but it's always best to check and run a few virus checkers on your phone. If you're feeling paranoid, backup anything important on your phone and do a factory reset.

Terejw

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem and it drove me mad. I Downloaded the app lookout which told me which app was causing the malware problem so I deleted it and touch wood never had it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles