Anyone Else Feel 5.1" Is Too Limiting But 5.7+" Is Too Big?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
That pretty well describes my feelings and it's been what's kept me away from the Note line. Well, it looks like to soon-to-be-released S7 may be to long awaited answer to my hopes...a 5.5" curved or flat screen option. I'm super psyched. There may be an S6 up for sale soon. ;)

Last edited:

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm extremely happy with 5.1, in fact for me it's still peaking on the bigger side... I actually prefer my wife's 6S at 4.7

Posted via the Android Central App

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. I tried out a Nexus 6P for about a week and it's just to large for me to pocket, but my eyes loved it. A 5.5 may be a perfect compromise.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a note 3 but I use a belt holster. I may look dorky but it is comfortable. I hate any phone in my pocket.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
The S6 is my sweet spot for screen size. I used an iPhone 6+ for 6 months and grew to like that size as well. Was wishing it ran Android after awhile tho. I still have that as my backup device and put my sim in it occasionally . So I guess the S6 is the minimum size, but perfect while the 6+ is the max size for me. Anything in between would be OK. A screen that is to small is harder to use for me. The notes are toooooo big tho.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am fine with the phablet size. I have adjusted very well to the Note series / other big phones. I am currently rocking my 6P. I tried to go smaller (with an S6) in the past but regretted it when using apps and seeing how much little space I had versus on my bigger phones.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I am fine with the phablet size. I have adjusted very well to the Note series / other big phones. I am currently rocking my 6P. I tried to go smaller (with an S6) in the past but regretted it when using apps and seeing how much little space I had versus on my bigger phones.

Exactly.. If I only used my Oh NE as a phone, texting and very occasional FB check, the S6 size would be good for me. Once u started using my phone more than my computer, the Note size was all I could use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy