I can't decide between galaxy s5 and s6, the only thing that holds me back from purchasing the s6 is it's battery performance. I know that the s6 has 2550 mah which seems to be enough in theory, because if you look at the bigger size screen note 5 that has 3000 mah and people report good battery life, so 2550 mah should be enough for 5.1 inch display, but in practice it's not.

So what is the reason behind galaxy s6 bad battery performance? if it's a software issue, than why for almost a year after release people still complaining about the battery even after installing all the software updates?
    01-02-2016 10:58 PM
    I'm not sure why it's so bad, my s6 after some tweaking gets about 15 hours off the charger with 3.5 hours of screen on time

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-02-2016 11:03 PM
    My battery has improved greatly with the wifi calling update Verizon pushed a little while back. 5 hours SOT for my average day's usage is the new normal for me. However, I don't game or watch videos more than 15 minutes worth per day. Mainly calls, texts and web. I have just over 5 SOT currently on my way to bed for the night. 14% left on the meter. I have no complaints what so ever with my S6's battery life. i think it uses way less cell standby time with wifi calling which is a big factor. After a full day cell standby is at 9%, but used to be 4 times that much at least before wifi calling was enabled.
    01-03-2016 12:55 AM
    I have been rebooting once a day and getting well over 3:30 of SoT. right now as I type this is I have 10 hours 30 minutes off the charger 5% left and 4:25 of SoT...

(idk if the rebooting every day is helping but it sureally looks like it)
    01-03-2016 01:22 AM
    I always reboot for a fresh start every morning. Always have with all phones.
    20blks likes this.
    01-03-2016 01:25 AM
    This is about it, but I've been watching videos mostly

Attached Thumbnails what's your galaxy s6 battery life ?-5199.jpg  
    01-03-2016 11:27 AM
    I usually turns mine on at 7am and charges it around 10 at night when I am working. Days that I don't work I can go up to 24 on a single charge with 4-5 hrs screen time

01-03-2016 11:29 AM
    I can't decide between galaxy s5 and s6, the only thing that holds me back from purchasing the s6 is it's battery performance. I know that the s6 has 2550 mah which seems to be enough in theory, because if you look at the bigger size screen note 5 that has 3000 mah and people report good battery life, so 2550 mah should be enough for 5.1 inch display, but in practice it's not.

So what is the reason behind galaxy s6 bad battery performance? if it's a software issue, than why for almost a year after release people still complaining about the battery even after installing all the software updates?
    My wife has the S5 and I have the S6, and both seem to get decent battery life. You should keep in mind that your mileage will vary (YMWV), depending on your usage patterns, coverage, apps, etc. Every cell/smart phone ever produced has folks bragging/decrying about the excellent/bad battery life, and it's all subjective. I challenge you to find a phone that hasn't had multiple threads created about their poor battery life. Many folks only come to the forums to complain when the have a problem, which makes it look like a significant majority of owners have any given problem. Certainly a vast majority are blissfully unaware of or disinterested in the complainer forums and are happy with their phones. Take whatever you read here with a grain of salt.
    01-03-2016 02:47 PM
    Ive just made a post on the battery life on my s6 on 6.0 beta and i charged to 100% and heavly used it till it was at 6%. I never ever use my phone heavy, id say i was a medium user but i managed to get 4h ost with a little over 4h 30m usage wich i think is decent because as ive already said i never use my phone as a heavy user.. on a average day ill get near the 5h ost mark.. ill come back to this post after my next charge and normal usage cycle and show battery stats

01-03-2016 05:02 PM
    I don't know why people are complaining about battery life with an S6, mine goes three or four days between charges.
    01-03-2016 06:54 PM
    I don't know why people are complaining about battery life with an S6, mine goes three or four days between charges.
    OK, so how do you do that? I get good battery life, but to get that length of time I'd have to not use it - no texting, no calls, no screen-on time, not go in and out of coverage, turn off radios and features, etc. Do you use a power-saving app like Juice Defender? Or do you just not use it much?
    01-03-2016 07:13 PM
    I can't believe below this is the best my phone has ever been... 3+ SoT and no changes to my habits.

Attached Thumbnails what's your galaxy s6 battery life ?-2347.jpg  
    01-04-2016 06:27 PM
    Battery life on the S6 sucks but honestly, the S5 wasn't much better. With the quick charge, it charges so fast so who cares. It will easily make it through the day if you aren't using it heavily and if you are, just plug it into the quick charge for a few minutes when you aren't using it.
    01-04-2016 06:45 PM
    Haha! You must hardly be using it at all. I suppose that would work without any push notifications and keeping it in power saving mode. 4 days still seems like a stretch though.
    OK, so how do you do that? I get good battery life, but to get that length of time I'd have to not use it - no texting, no calls, no screen-on time, not go in and out of coverage, turn off radios and features, etc. Do you use a power-saving app like Juice Defender? Or do you just not use it much?
    01-04-2016 06:47 PM
    Didn't upload my SoT

Attached Thumbnails what's your galaxy s6 battery life ?-2348.jpg  
    01-04-2016 07:08 PM
    Well now, battery life is subjective much as anything else. I had an "EX" who got 3 to 4 weeks out of her phone battery. She'd only turn it on when she wanted to make a call then turn it off again. Ha,Ha. She was a nut job in many regards. But point being the only thing that matters is your battery life for your own personal usage. I'm happy with mine. If anyone is not happy with theirs then do something about it if possible. Lots of tweaks, but for those who insist on gaming , you tubing and other high power consuming stuff a lot your going to get what you get. Just pick up a quick charger. People who claim multiple days of battery life are either BS,ing or nut jobs like my "EX".
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-04-2016 07:13 PM
    Well now, battery life is subjective much as anything else. I had an "EX" who got 3 to 4 weeks out of her phone battery. She'd only turn it on when she wanted to make a call then turn it off again. Ha,Ha. She was a nut job in many regards. But point being the only thing that matters is your battery life for your own personal usage. I'm happy with mine. If anyone is not happy with theirs then do something about it if possible. Lots of tweaks, but for those who insist on gaming , you tubing and other high power consuming stuff a lot your going to get what you get. Just pick up a quick charger. People who claim multiple days of battery life are either BS,ing or nut jobs like my "EX".
    Folks who obsess about battery life are like "milers", the crazies that will do ANYTHING to get the best gas mileage out of their car. They'll block traffic, run stop signs, draft (tailgate), thus antagonizing other drivers in the quest for mileage. Luckily if they do this with their phones then it only impacts them.
    01-04-2016 10:15 PM
    After owning an s6 I wouldn't consider an s5. I've owned and s5 and it was great but the S6 is much better.

01-05-2016 12:43 PM
    I've had s6 since launch. It had incredible battery life until the very first software update and it has sucked ever since...I am a light to medium user. No games, just a lot of email, text, twitter and internet to run my business.

I love this device but I would kill to have the battery life I once had...hope the next update changes it.
    01-05-2016 08:24 PM
    I've had s6 since launch. It had incredible battery life until the very first software update and it has sucked ever since...I am a light to medium user. No games, just a lot of email, text, twitter and internet to run my business.

I love this device but I would kill to have the battery life I once had...hope the next update changes it.
    Have you cleared cache since the update?
    01-05-2016 08:39 PM
    what's your galaxy s6 battery life ?-battery-test-s6-2.jpg
    GSMARENA report
    01-05-2016 08:41 PM
    I get about 5hrs on screen and a full day from 630am to 1130pm at that point I would be at about 15%
    01-05-2016 09:07 PM
    The last stat I have is 1day 22 min on battery with 2hr58mins SOT.
    01-06-2016 11:40 PM