Can't use laptop via USB tethering

markwasley

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi. I have just completed a factory reset of my Samsung Galaxy S6 4G. I still can't connect to the Internet on my laptop via USB tethering. Or if it does connect the speed is ~500 Kbps (before it was between 10 Mbps and 20 Mbps). Can anyone please help?

Posted via the Android Central App

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
have you tried a different usb cable?
or try to create a hotspot on your phone and connect the laptop to in via wifi and see if the connection is faster
or maybe the reception is bad so thats why the internet is slow

markwasley

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I can't use a different USB cable - only the cable that came with the Samsung Galaxy S6 4G is compatible. The Vodafone network is fine - I know this because I can use the Internet at high speed on the phone.

(I have no idea of how to create a Wi-Fi hotspot and I'm not certain that it's even possible given my current Internet setup).

markwasley

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Wi-Fi update:

Technological breakthrough: I've just worked out how to use my phone to turn my laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot! I'm feeling quite pleased with myself. ☺ The Wi-Fi runs at a respectable 6 Mbps. This now gives me an alternative option to access the Internet on my laptop while waiting for Vodafone to figure out why USB tethering is no longer working.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
If the laptop is running Windows 10 then it is probably a driver incompatibility issue. Not sure Samsung has updated the drivers and apps for Windows 10.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaydenWhitfield