So I have had an iphone 4 for years now, its jailbroken and has been my main phone forever. However I needed an upgrade badly, so I purchased an unlocked galaxy s6. I have so much data on the old iphone I must move, contacts, pictures, music, and I dont use icloud. So I purchased an otg cable, which worked perfectly for transferring data off of my ipad, but not my iphone.

When I connect the iphone to my galaxy, it pulls up smart switch. However it stays on the "connecting to ios device" screen. When I pull the notifications bar down on my galaxy, it says "camera connected". So my question is how can I prevent my galaxy s6 from recognizing the iphone as a camera, so smart switch can connect to it to transfer my data? I have looked everywhere for an answer but can not find anything, any help is appreciated and I'm sorry this is so lengthy.
    01-11-2016 06:36 AM
    As I understand this, you connected one phone to the other?
    If so, I don't know if that works. I did help a guy at work transfer stuff from an iPhone 4 to a Galaxy S6 but we used his computer.
    01-11-2016 08:08 AM
    As I understand this, you connected one phone to the other?
    If so, I don't know if that works. I did help a guy at work transfer stuff from an iPhone 4 to a Galaxy S6 but we used his computer.

Yes it works, in the smart switch app it says you can transfer directly using an otg cable connecting one phone to the other. It worked for my ipad, but the iphone is being recognized as a camera instead of usb device like the ipad. Theres no need for a pc. Theres a lot of youtube videos doing this also but none having my problem.
    01-11-2016 02:14 PM
    I'm having this same problem with my iphone 5 and samsung galaxy s7. Did you ever figure out how to get it to work?

Thanks
    01-02-2017 07:26 PM