Hi,

I've recently received a new samsung galaxy s6 with android 5.1.1 installed on it. first day everything went well no problems whatsoever, second day, i started to bump into some wifi issues which are now really pissing me off!

So the thing is, whenever i turn on wifi, 90% of the time, i can't find any connections. NONE! maybe after 10 minutes of leaving my phone i finally found one, and it isn't even my home connection.. i've been connected to my home wifi. And when i finally am connected the internet is so slow, i'd rather go back to my windows 98 pc and search via internet explorer, make the pc crash 5 times and still load the page faster than my cellphone.

I've litteraly spend hours searching on the internet looking for solutions but none have worked out. i've been messing around with my router settings and i've done pretty much everything the internet has told me to do.. But still it doesn't work.

It's really bugging the hell out of me, knowing i bought an expensive phone that doesn't even work.. i've found out that the problem could be within the android 5.1.1 OS itself, but how the hell i'm a suppose to fix any of that?

I hope anyone on here may have found a solution to this because i'm litteraly losing my mind, i use the phone constantly for school and work, and not being able to go on wifi is really stalling my work...

Thanks in advance!
    01-15-2016 01:23 PM
    If you have not already, clear system cache.
    01-15-2016 04:32 PM
    That was one thing i didn't try, i reset my cache using the power+home+volume up methode, but still it hasn't fixed the wifi issue.. i'm almost certain i'll have to contact the store i bought the phone, but i'm scared that they will say we'll look into it, and that i will lose the phone for a week or so! it's quite an importancy for me!

anyways thanks for your help though
    01-16-2016 08:01 AM
    That was one thing i didn't try, i reset my cache using the power+home+volume up methode, but still it hasn't fixed the wifi issue.. i'm almost certain i'll have to contact the store i bought the phone, but i'm scared that they will say we'll look into it, and that i will lose the phone for a week or so! it's quite an importancy for me!

anyways thanks for your help though
    Might want to load an app called Wifi Analyzer. It will show all Wifis in range and their signal strength. Would be interesting to see if you are picking up signals, but too weak to use. When you have Wifi Analyzer running, walk right up to you router to see what happens with the signal. Sure starting to sound like a hardware problem with the S6, possibly the antenna.
    01-16-2016 09:56 AM
    Be sure if you have a dual band router that you are not trying to connect to 5g. Also, there are also several apps in the Play Store that fix wifi issues. Search for wifi fix. Nothing to lose at this point by trying one or several of the apps.
    01-16-2016 10:46 AM
    Be sure if you have a dual band router that you are not trying to connect to 5g. Also, there are also several apps in the Play Store that fix wifi issues. Search for wifi fix. Nothing to lose at this point by trying one or several of the apps.
    Why not connect to 5Ghz? Range may not be as good as 2.4GHz but worth checking both bands since there may be interference on one.
    01-16-2016 10:48 AM
    The S6 has had reported difficulties with 5g.
    01-16-2016 08:35 PM
    i have been using my s6 on 5ghz with no issues for about 4 months
    01-17-2016 05:08 AM
    My router is currently set on 2.4 Ghz so that can't be the problem, also i have installed wifi analyzer, but the major problem is, that it just doesn't seem to find any connections.. only after a certain amount of time it finally finds my router or someone else'.. once connected i seem to have a pretty strong connection 56mbps, but still it doesn't load any web pages.. i think it might be a hardware issue aswell! i'm planning on going back to the store tommorow and see what they have to say!

thanks for all replies!
    01-17-2016 06:17 AM