I've just made the terrible mistake of upgrading my Samsung laptop to Windows 10. Initially, things seemed to be okay. It recognised my Samsung Galaxy S6 4G as a device and I could even move files back and forth between the laptop and the phone (which is further than most people get).

Unfortunately, I could no longer get USB tethering to work. I spent 12 hours trawling the Internet and came to the awful realisation: THERE ARE NO UPDATED USB DRIVERS FOR SAMSUNG LAPTOPS. I am now in the process of rolling back to Windows 7. My computer is not even able to boot up yet and is carrying out repairs. What a fiasco. 😦

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-15-2016 05:17 PM
    W10 works perfectly for me.
    01-16-2016 03:32 AM
    I like W10 as well.
    01-16-2016 06:43 AM
    Misleading title.
    01-18-2016 05:49 AM
    I've had no problems with Windows 10 and I've been running it on my 2 year old Dell laptop since release. My Galaxy S6 works as it should when connected to my laptop.

Something is obviously wrong with your connection but I wouldn't go so far as to say Upgrading to Windows 10 is the problem or recommend others not too upgrade.
    01-18-2016 09:23 AM
    I'll echo everyone else's responses here... I'm running Windows 10 on my 2 year old Dell laptop with no issues. My Nexus 6 links up and I can freely sync music or photo's to the PC or phone with no problems.

I do hope that you made a backup of your PC before upgrading to W10 with Acronis True Image or some other backup utility. Makes going back to W7 a lot easier...
    01-18-2016 10:47 AM
    Sorry to keep echoing this, but using windows 10 and MusicBee to sync music to my S6 has been smooth sailing here.
    01-18-2016 01:29 PM
    I have it on a 10 year old dell desktop that originally ran XP, and I am using IDE hard drive no issues with mine either, you ever think Samsung stopped making laptops for the reason no one purchased them and they stopped supporting drivers built into their firmware, do not blame Microsoft blame Samsung

mhinc likes this.
    01-22-2016 05:49 AM
    I've just made the terrible mistake of upgrading my Samsung laptop to Windows 10. Initially, things seemed to be okay. It recognised my Samsung Galaxy S6 4G as a device and I could even move files back and forth between the laptop and the phone (which is further than most people get).

Unfortunately, I could no longer get USB tethering to work. I spent 12 hours trawling the Internet and came to the awful realisation: THERE ARE NO UPDATED USB DRIVERS FOR SAMSUNG LAPTOPS. I am now in the process of rolling back to Windows 7. My computer is not even able to boot up yet and is carrying out repairs. What a fiasco.

This has nothing to do with Windows 10 and everything to do with your old laptop.

Windows 10 runs great on my 3 year old Lenovo laptop.
    01-22-2016 12:08 PM
    I just spoke with a representative from Samsung. He confirmed that Samsung Australia has not yet released the necessary drivers for upgrading Samsung laptops currently running Windows 7. He was unable to give a time frame for when it will be possible to upgrade to Windows 10. I won't be holding my breath, that's for sure.

01-24-2016 10:08 PM